What are your random hobbies?

Options
2»

Replies

• joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I quilt, cross stitch, crochet, sew, and dream about getting on a plane without the threat of having to buy 2 seats, or running with my dogs.
  • mandinicole08
    mandinicole08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I read and knit.
  • osmoticferocity
    Options
    I like makin stuff. I built a worktable, a bed, wired some LEDs for lighting in my coat closet, and I want to construct a storage bench. I have no idea how to do upholstery but I think I'd like to upholster the bench. When I'm working on stuff and in the zone, I sometimes forget to eat altogether. Then I feel really REALLY hungry later...
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Pole dance, aerial silks, static trapeze, fire hoop dancing, hoop dancing. :)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I nap, clean, or work.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    I ghost hunt with my paranormal team or with friends. I have to watch myself though because a lot of time these investigations are overnights and everyone ends up eating a TON of junk food to stay awake.

that sounds sooo cool. would love to do something like that:smile:

i read, play with my kids, bit of photography, painting/drawing recently started drawing celtic knots/patterns like i used to do at college many years ago, oh and cleaing lol:laugh:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I paint nails...I trained as a nail tech but due to ill health I cannot work with the chemicals but love painting tiny miniatures on nails.

hibiscus.jpg

skullbones-1.jpg

board.jpg

first attempt at posting pics...fingers crossed
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I make jewelry, crochet, and bake (but I haven't been doing much of that since MFP!).
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I paint nails...I trained as a nail tech but due to ill health I cannot work with the chemicals but love painting tiny miniatures on nails.

hibiscus.jpg

skullbones-1.jpg

board.jpg

first attempt at posting pics...fingers crossed

WOW! That is some beautiful work! You have a lot of talent for sure.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I ghost hunt with my paranormal team or with friends. I have to watch myself though because a lot of time these investigations are overnights and everyone ends up eating a TON of junk food to stay awake.

That's pretty awesome!
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    My most unique hobby is probably watching bumble bees. Most people I know are terrified of them, but I think they are ADORABLE.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's not very random, but I like to draw. www.monsterharlequin.deviantart.com

I like to crochet, knit and cook too.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    love taking photos :D
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I crochet, MFP (of course), and I am thinking of taking up photography.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I play football (soccer) or hide and seek with the kids not going to hide under the bed again since I got stuck. I also clean all the time and going out on the bike is my main hobby but have to find a bby sitter to do that.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I ride and school ex racehorses, bake (get so sick of the sight and smell that I don't want to eat them!), I make cards when I remember birthdays in enough time, I can just about knit, it takes so muc effort not to drop the stitches that I forget about the tummy!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    art journaling
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Photography is my main hobby. i've never been to school for it, and dont really plan to. its just something I do and study in my free time. My other hobbies are painting, writing, and making a feeble attempt to sew.

This is awesome =D. I am also an artist of sorts. I draw, write, create graphic art...and I'm also a professional bladesmith (I hand forge knives and swords lol...think of it as metal sculpture, with a purpose! See profile picture lol). Seems like an archaic and useless skill...but it's very...zen. Theraputic almost...it's very difficult to stress on anything when you're holding onto a piece of steel that's between 900f and 1800f or so =D.

Then there's the days where I refuse to touch a blade because I'm so stressed I'll likely end up hurting or maiming myself lol.

Anyhow, that's what I do!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I read.

Looking at all the much more interesting hobbies posted here I think I need to get a new hobby!!! :blushing:
  • odessey
    odessey Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Collecting Banknotes