Need to lose the extra 30lbs in 14 weeks!!

Options
Been using MyFittnessPal for 7 months now, in results I have lost 30 pounds. However, I was hoping to get down to 170lbs before Summer (so another 30lbs to go) . Feel free to add me , wouldn't mind sharing advice/tips & vice versa.

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Can I ask what your plan is in terms of how you're going to achieve that? It seems that it took you 7 months to lose the first 30lb but you want to lose the next 30lb in half that time (3.5 months). That would suggest to me that you would have to double your existing weightloss efforts, and most of us have learned that weightloss slows down as you get towards your goal weight, rather than speeds up?
  • joelyont
    joelyont Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hi Chelsea Marie

I'm pretty new to this, just started hard calorie counting to kick start my weight loss after I plateaued. Take a look at my food diary, I am currently losing about 2kg a week and you only need to lose 1 per week.

This should be doable, I'm on pretty low calories, but eating enough.

Joe
  • CollieFit
    Options
    joelyont wrote: »
    hi Chelsea Marie

I'm pretty new to this, just started hard calorie counting to kick start my weight loss after I plateaued. Take a look at my food diary, I am currently losing about 2kg a week and you only need to lose 1 per week.

This should be doable, I'm on pretty low calories, but eating enough.

Joe

Yesterday you consumed 1208 calories and burned just under 600 in exercise, suggesting you netted about 600 calories in total. Is that a normal day for you? You're a 44 year old male netting 600 cals? Most people would say that that is massively under your BMR and a lot of weight loss will come from lean mass not only fat.
  • Chelsmarie61
    Chelsmarie61 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Can I ask what your plan is in terms of how you're going to achieve that? It seems that it took you 7 months to lose the first 30lb but you want to lose the next 30lb in half that time (3.5 months). That would suggest to me that you would have to double your existing weightloss efforts, and most of us have learned that weightloss slows down as you get towards your goal weight, rather than speeds up?

See that is where my dilemma comes in. Lately I've been struggling with my nutrition plan & has either been under-eating or over eating. I find I have a bigger appetite since I've been working out, so I thought I should up my calorie intake by 2200 instead of 1800 . However, I've been noticing that it isn't helping so I changed it back to 1800 but still no progress. I even got a personally trainer to help out but I feel like she doesn't even know what she's doing.

• CollieFit
    Options
    How confident are you that you accurately judge your CICO? Do you weigh your ingredients when you cook / measure your portions of stuff? I used to "eyeball" and once you start weighing you can often see where the extra calories were hiding. Also some exercise apps or machines in the gym vastly overestimate calorie burn. Bigger appetite from training is common. Personally I find that when I have a good portion of protein and fats (like a nice bowl of scrambled egg with bits of bacon), I don't get hungry for ages. But if I had some toast, or porridge or cornflakes, I can start eating again an hour later. Maybe try experimenting a bit with different foods to see if some things keep you fuller for longer. :smile:
  • kendra_lyndra
    kendra_lyndra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a FitBit Charge-HR. It has made it incredibly easy to monitor calories in/calories out. How often do you work out to burn the 1800 calorie consumption? That seems really high to me, considering the speed at which you are wanting to lose. I try to stick to 1200-1500 intake and try to accomplish 1000 calories over in burn for 2lbs lost/week (so if I eat 1500, I need to burn 2500). I'm no expert, it's just what works for me. & yes, MFP definitely over-estimates the calories burned in workouts.

If you decide to do what I am, and I'm not saying you need to, you could (possibly) lose 28lbs in 14 weeks just by managing a 1000 calorie deficit each day. I would definitely recommend a 24 hour Heart Rate monitoring device to validate your output. You'll need about 1100 calorie deficit for your 30lbs in 14 weeks.
  • Chelsmarie61
    Chelsmarie61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought a FitBit Charge-HR. It has made it incredibly easy to monitor calories in/calories out. How often do you work out to burn the 1800 calorie consumption? That seems really high to me, considering the speed at which you are wanting to lose. I try to stick to 1200-1500 intake and try to accomplish 1000 calories over in burn for 2lbs lost/week (so if I eat 1500, I need to burn 2500). I'm no expert, it's just what works for me. & yes, MFP definitely over-estimates the calories burned in workouts.

If you decide to do what I am, and I'm not saying you need to, you could (possibly) lose 28lbs in 14 weeks just by managing a 1000 calorie deficit each day. I would definitely recommend a 24 hour Heart Rate monitoring device to validate your output. You'll need about 1100 calorie deficit for your 30lbs in 14 weeks.

Actually by going by your plan can result in high health problems. As you shouldn't eat below 1200 cals a day. You also say you burn 1000 cals a day, which isn't the best for your body as it will start to go in starvation mode & start storing all the "fat" it can get. In results could lead to weight-gain, binging and other major problems. I personally recommend you talk to your doctor and ask how he thinks of this plan and is it safe for you to keep going. But thank you for your input. ☺️
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is a myth. Can I ask what will happen if you don't lose 30 pounds by summer? Be good to yourself and just do as best as you can by then. If you don't hit a magical number on the scale by June 21, just keep chipping away at it. The time will pass anyway. Good luck :)
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    katsmo wrote: »
    Starvation mode is a myth. Can I ask what will happen if you don't lose 30 pounds by summer? Be good to yourself and just do as best as you can by then. If you don't hit a magical number on the scale by June 21, just keep chipping away at it. The time will pass anyway. Good luck :)

@katsmo is dead on! Starvation mode is a myth. It all boils down to simple math: calories in - calories out=gain or lose
  • chelle782015
    chelle782015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN
  • chelle782015
    chelle782015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    forget weight, build muscle... It eats fat!