What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    After a few totally sedentary, lazy winter months, I finally got back on the trail a few days ago and ran 6 full miles of hilly terrain with no problems. I couldn't believe it. Sure I was slow as hell, and I had some aches and pains afterwards, but I could do the whole thing without a break. I'm impressed. B)
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just beaten my time for 10km on my stationary bike!!

On Saturday it was 19 minutes 11 seconds and today......

16 minutes and 21 seconds!!

:smiley:B)
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My UK size 18 jeans are getting looser. Since October and as of today I've lost 3 inches off my bust, 6 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my left thigh, 4 inches off my right and 2 inches off my hips. My biggest NSV to date!!
  • bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I fit into my jeans that I couldn't wear for an year after putting on 20 pounds on my already overweight body.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Discovered I have a actual genetic reason for my weight..got the cure..going on 2 months and feel amazing with cure..stopped sugar carvings to once a month..have found my zone finally. My journey has been physically painful and now I am almost 100% pain free after 2 yrs time..I can feel this is going to be my year.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

My wife bought me a new bike the other day. I rode for 6 miles yesterday. I'm happy to say I didn't have to get off and push. Two things I learned real quick. Head-winds suck and I need some butt padding. My butt still hurts. Of course it's been 25 years since I've rode a bicycle.

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg
  • anniebag28
    anniebag28 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have walked 13 miles non stop, also I can paint my toe nails and now a dress size smaller, 12 UK
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    While I was laying in bed watching TV, our cat knocked over the bedside lamp, spraying shattered glass all over the bedroom carpet.
    Without hesitation I moved like Spiderwoman across the bed, over the bedside table and stretched to the far side of the dresser to a glass free zone where I could then get to the vacuum to suck up all the glass.
    I've become a super hero!

I'm picturing this in my head. . . and it's making me giggle!

Spidergirl, Spidergirl. . .
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Wore a pair of pants to work today and realized they are ridiculously big. They are going in the donate pile... sadly... I really liked those pants!! They used to be my 'skinny' pants, lol.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    My wife bought me a new bike the other day. I rode for 6 miles yesterday. I'm happy to say I didn't have to get off and push. Two things I learned real quick. Head-winds suck and I need some butt padding. My butt still hurts. Of course it's been 25 years since I've rode a bicycle.

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

Congratulations! My husband is a cyclist and has gotten me back into riding the last couple years. It's so much fun.

Headwinds definitely suck! It is completely unfair when you have a headwind going one way and then the gusts shift direction and you get a sidewind/headwind heading back.

They make padded bike shorts, which I have heard are a real lifesaver. Also, you will build up some callouses/toughness on the seat after doing some regular riding. I knew when we get back to riding this spring, I will very sore the first few times.

My NSV is looking in the full length mirror this week and really liking how I looked. I didn't just look better than usual or ok, but I actually thought today I really look great!
  • fitnesslover74
    fitnesslover74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure what NSV stands for

NSV=Non-scale victory

• fitnesslover74
    fitnesslover74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hugging close friends and having them exclaim how "tiny" I am! I only lost 12 pounds. 17 more to go! It's the little things.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I went out for drinks, and when i caught site of myself in the bathroom mirror i was like 'hey, i look really cute'!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Haven't unbuttoned three different pairs of work pants to take them on and off in about three weeks . . . thanks boot camp! I foresee a shopping trip in the near future.
    (Side note, why is it so hard to find women's dress pants with belt loops? This is a disaster waiting to happen!)
  • laleehecht
    laleehecht Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do not bike at all ( in fact I was so embarrassed as I had no idea how to adjust the bike) but I tried a HIIT spin class and loved it! Will go again next week.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got in the pool today and did 16 laps (after 2 hours of gym classes before hand). It was the first time I've swam publicly since I was a young teenager. I was completely exhausted from it but now I've faced that fear, I'm ready to go again.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

Congratulations! My husband is a cyclist and has gotten me back into riding the last couple years. It's so much fun.

Headwinds definitely suck! It is completely unfair when you have a headwind going one way and then the gusts shift direction and you get a sidewind/headwind heading back.

They make padded bike shorts, which I have heard are a real lifesaver. Also, you will build up some callouses/toughness on the seat after doing some regular riding. I knew when we get back to riding this spring, I will very sore the first few times.

My NSV is looking in the full length mirror this week and really liking how I looked. I didn't just look better than usual or ok, but I actually thought today I really look great!

Thanks!! and Congrats on your NSV!! There is no harsher critic of our self, than our self!!
  • lionrace
    lionrace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My calves are a shade under 16" for the first time in years. Also, I just found a 70% discount plus free shipping sale on wide calf boots that ends this weekend, at a shop I love but can't usually justify the prices of. Serendipity!

Where? I can never find affordable boots to fit over my calves! :'(
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    Hit 4,000,000 steps. That about 4 pairs of shoes. :-)

7us11foh8av6.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!