What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    delachaise wrote: »
    I built my son a playhouse from a cardboard box - and I fit through that door to play with him inside!!! This would never have happened 6 months ago...

That is a seriously impressive play house! I'm bet you're glad you didn't miss out on the fun
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I was cleaning out one of my drawers and found a pair of shorts that were too tight for me to wear last summer. Now they're almost too loose B)
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can do 3 sets of 10-15 leg raises on the parallel bar in the gym. Two months ago I could do 1 set of 6.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    My favorite jeans ALMOST fit! I can button them but it'll take a few more weeks until I can wear them with no muffin top. 5 months ago I couldn't even get them above my knees.

I just bought a new pair of work pants last week and they are too loose now :D
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Coworker convinced me to order some mediums since we get new work shirts. My current one is a 2XL and was a little big at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I considered going with just large shirts to be on the safe side. Got told I was small enough and needed to go with medium. hehe
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I got called "skinny" today! Me?!
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My daughter said this weekend if I keep losing I'll be able to fit into her clothes! *which won't happen but wow! What a complement! (13 year old who is 3 inches taller than me!)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Swam a personal best 2.5 miles in one workout yesterday! Not bad for a 54-year old fat chick!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I did my first plank today! 20 sec with great form!!
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ran 2.5 miles without stopping. Including my warm up and cool down walks, I completed a 5k in 46 minutes. I'm so pleased. A few months ago, running for more than 1/8 of a mile was almost impossible outside. Now I can run a mile regularly. On a treadmill, I couldn't run further than 1/2 a mile. Now, I'm running 5 times that! Without stopping or walking!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Coworker convinced me to order some mediums since we get new work shirts. My current one is a 2XL and was a little big at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I considered going with just large shirts to be on the safe side. Got told I was small enough and needed to go with medium. hehe

This happened to me. I got my shirt mixed up with my dad's once, which was medium. And it fit very nicely! Great feeling
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    This morning, when I was coming back from working out in the pool at the hotel I'm staying at, someone in the elevator blurted out that I was an inspiration to her because she needed to start swimming in order to be able to wear a bikini.

This is the first summer in over 25 years that I have worn a bikini. And the first time ever I've felt comfortable in one. :)
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    BMI down 11%; body fat down 9%.

Of course, the goal is another 13%. Ouch. But still - progress.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This morning, when I was coming back from working out in the pool at the hotel I'm staying at, someone in the elevator blurted out that I was an inspiration to her because she needed to start swimming in order to be able to wear a bikini.

This is the first summer in over 25 years that I have worn a bikini. And the first time ever I've felt comfortable in one. :)

Soo cool! Congrats on that
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »

That's awesome! I'm about to go down a size in work shirts, too. Great feeling, congrats :)
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    toriraeh wrote: »
    Yesterday, I ran 2.5 miles without stopping. Including my warm up and cool down walks, I completed a 5k in 46 minutes. I'm so pleased. A few months ago, running for more than 1/8 of a mile was almost impossible outside. Now I can run a mile regularly. On a treadmill, I couldn't run further than 1/2 a mile. Now, I'm running 5 times that! Without stopping or walking!

I have been working on this for a while I can do 3.5 miles easily on the treadmill, and can do a mile outside. When I started walking a mile was a killer.
  • BakerAcer
    BakerAcer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I put on the gym shorts and sports bra I used to wear when I used to run and they're not uncomfortably tight...I might actually go for a short run and I never think "hey that sounds fun." I've been taking the dog for walks, but she gets worn out before I do, so I guess it's time to challenge myself a little more.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Walking around nekkid and realizing that a section of thigh no longer brushes when I walk that used to. Grabbed the measuring tape--sure enough, .5" down!!!!!

Can also lace my "fat corset" all the way closed now. It goes down to 26"...the size of waist I used to have when I was on the large size. So encouraging/discouraging.

LOL I have a "Fat corset" and a "Skinny Corset" (my fat corset was a 48. my skinny one is a 38)... I no longer fit into my Fat corset it is WAY to big.. and I finally fit in my skinny corset (i can put it on by myself in the front and then just have someone tighten it)...
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I got called "skinny" today! Me?!

Your response should be: it's called "in shape" - with a sweet smile on your face!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!