Muffintop???

Options
What are some good muffin top workouts??? I think my problem here is my muffin top because everything else seems to be on the slimmer side except for that. Are there any YouTube links or regular exercises that will help. Thanks in advance

Replies

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    fork put downs and table pushaways. Seriously though, you can't spot reduce but there are some good forums on this board about body recomposition through weightlifting. I suspect that would be the place to start.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we cannot spot reduce fat. We can work on strengthening and, with proper nutrition, building specific muscles. To lose fat in your "muffin top" area, eat in a caloric deficit, which means eating fewer calories than you burn. You can do that by eating less, moving more (all physical activity burns calories), or a combination. Keep in mind that if you are genetically programmed to have a certain body shape, you will not be able to change your overall genetics but you can optimize your shape/look/fitness level.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Loss of body fat will reduce/eliminate your muffin top.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat less move more. 3 babies here. Working on my leftovers from my seven month old. And for me personally it does go down with over all fat loss but rapid weight loss is terrible for the Muffin top skin. Doing it slow takes the skin (most of it) back down with it.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit, lift heavy, get enough protein
  • blknred28
    blknred28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Eat less move more. 3 babies here. Working on my leftovers from my seven month old. And for me personally it does go down with over all fat loss but rapid weight loss is terrible for the Muffin top skin. Doing it slow takes the skin (most of it) back down with it.

What is the difference of fat loss and weight loss? I feel dumb for asking. I'm a newbie in this department.
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    I can lose fat and muscle So I lift and eat as much protein as I can while on a calorie deficit. I think you can use them interchangeably if you wanted. My personal goal is to lose fat not just "weight" I guess. Good question. I probably did a crappy job explaining it.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    "weight loss" will make you a smaller version of yourself while "fat loss" will improve your body composition greatly.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Keep pinching those muffin top handles. Maybe it'll wear itself out one day.
  • MommyMeggo
    Options
    Keep pinching those muffin top handles. Maybe it'll wear itself out one day.

That doesn't work unfortunately. Neither does verbally abusing to make it feel small.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    blknred28 wrote: »

What is the difference of fat loss and weight loss? I feel dumb for asking. I'm a newbie in this department.

Skinny fat (weight loss) vs toned (fat loss means your muscles will be more defined)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

When you lose weight you typically lose a combination of fat and muscle. The goal is to lose fat while minimizing muscle loss. To do that most people incorporate some type of strength training/lifting into their exercise routines.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce (lose fat from a targeted area), but you can tighten the muscles under the fat which can give you a bit of a pull in.

Try youtube for side bends and such. Best version I know is from an old video called Callenetics. There is probably something like it in pilates too.
  • JuJuB1958
    JuJuB1958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Buy bigger pants. Voila, no muffin top.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    JuJuB1958 wrote: »
    Buy bigger pants. Voila, no muffin top.

Doesn't always work. I lose weight last around my waist and belly and have a little muffin top even when naked, and I am a size 2. Fat loss is the only thing that is going to get rid of mine.
  • blknred28
    blknred28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »

Skinny fat (weight loss) vs toned (fat loss means your muscles will be more defined)

Ohh ok I see now that makes sense. Thank you :)