Muscle imbalance in legs

Options
Hello, Iv been having knee pain,I think its due to my legs being imbalanced, I think my quads are over dominant and my hamstrings need more work, I was thinking of doing 2 leg days, I was thinking of doing 1 leg day full leg, the other could be hamstring only

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    My knee pain has decreased significantly once I started upping the amount of hamstring/glute work in my routine. I currently have deadlift day separate from leg day; deadlift day (which already hits the backs of the legs) I'll add (time permitting) hip thrusts and leg curls, while leg day I balance between squats and RDL's.
  • caracpowers
    caracpowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go see a physical therapist. They will diagnose any imbalances you have and give you a program for it. Because you have pain, insurance will pay. My physical therapy sessions for my back pain are like personal training sessions.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Check the doctor and maybe do some mobility work .. Start with the weaker side or do some extra set or reps .. Keep the lifting broths gl
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Check the doctor and maybe do some mobility work .. Start with the weaker side or do some extra set or reps .. Keep the lifting broths gl

Thank you