Dark inner thighs

Options
Does anyone have dark inner thighs how do you get rid of this I'm thinking about doing a chemical peel and eat less bread

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Why would eating less bread make your inner thighs lighter?
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Why would eating less bread make your inner thighs lighter?

^^ exactly my question.

You can try scrubbing it. The death skin cells will go away, and hopefully it'll be lighter. Unless it's dark pigmented, it'll work.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The dark inner thighs come from them rubbing together when you walk. You may be carrying extra weight in that area. Don't know anything about chemical peels. Bread in and of itself is not the problem; it's simply a high glycemic food. Have you tried protecting the skn from rubbing on itself with clothing?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have dark inner thighs how do you get rid of this I'm thinking about doing a chemical peel and eat less bread

Eating less bread will have 0 impact on the skin.

I agree with frequent scrubbing. Try dry brushing and those whitening creams.
    A chemical peel sounds as though it would be uncomfortable for a little while after...
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think the hyperpigmentation will go away after a while. Just like calluses go away when the skin isn't rubbing. Or like acne marks go away after a while. Please don't do a chemical peel there. Just sounds painful since there will be friction.
  • nikkithefatmodel
    nikkithefatmodel Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lol I guess I don't know much but it's so dark down there :( I hate it
  • nikkithefatmodel
    Options
    Ok I'll try ambi fade cream on it n after 30 days I'll take a before and after pic
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Please explain why going without bread would make your inner thighs less dark ?? Really, think about that one for a minute.................

I've had many chemical peels and I will tell you this, if this is caused by your thighs rubbing together then a peel isn't going to be your solution . the results would be very very temporary.
    If you would like to lose some weight so your thighs don't rub so much then I would suggest a calorie deficit ( I don't know you so have no idea if you need to lose weight or not. That's up to you) there's no need to give up bread for that either. Carbs don't cause people to gain weight, a calorie surplus does.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If your thighs still rub together I don't think a chemical peel is a good idea. I have had them on my face, and depending on the peel, my face is raw within a few hours after getting the peel. It's a chemical burn, and it's intended to remove the top layer of skin. The skin is raw for a few days after, and I have to take great care not to irritate it until it heals, which is around a week to two weeks. If you were to get this done on your thighs, you would not want to have them rubbing against each other or any fabric. You also wouldn't want to sweat as that is both painful and irritating on the raw skin. You wouldn't be able to shave them, and you would have to limit bathing as water is not pleasant when your skin is raw, and you would have to use a special soap. In theory, a chemical peel for your thigh discoloration sounds like a decent idea but when you really consider the entire process it's going to be horribly uncomfortable and inconvenient. You could also get a bad infection. Ideally, go to a Med spa for their recommendation. They should have a doctor on staff and would know the best options for your situation, and the consultation is free.

Edited to correct autocorrect's corrections.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Carbs can cause dark skin areas on folks who have blood sugar problems. I forget what it's called, but it's a pretty serious symptom. If yours is just from rubbing, that makes sense :) I'm just saying that carbs really can cause skin symptoms in people, but it's the high blood sugar doing it.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Carbs can cause dark skin areas on folks who have blood sugar problems. I forget what it's called, but it's a pretty serious symptom. If yours is just from rubbing, that makes sense :) I'm just saying that carbs really can cause skin symptoms in people, but it's the high blood sugar doing it.

It is acanthosis nigricans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthosis_nigricans
    Depending on where the thighs are dark, and what it the texture is like, it could be that. Carbs aren't exactly the problem as even though it is insulin resistance, losing weight with or without carbs is what will most likely treat the underlying insulin resistance to eventually restore the tissue.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    You could try putting baby powder on the area each morning to reduce friction if that's the cause.
  • nikkithefatmodel
    Options
    Baby powder cause cancer
  • nikkithefatmodel
    Options
    I'm going to scrub them hard tonight
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Baby powder does not cause cancer but it also increases chafing rather than reducing it. I vote for body glide.

If you have insulin resistance overall weight loss will help the most.

No before or after pictures please.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Baby powder cause cancer

Say, what?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Op- are your thighs rubbing together ? Answering this will help get you more accurate info.
    Obviously if the op has dark spots appearing randomly on her body then there could be a problem.
    But if the ops thighs rub together when she walks then that's likely the cause of the darkened skin.
  • VoiceWithNoValue
    VoiceWithNoValue Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't scrub too hard to avoid skin irritation. Not nice.

Baby powder don't cause cancer as what I remember. But well, baby products usually helps with irritation. Those lotions for diaper irritation(forgot what) might help with soothing irritations.

If I don't make sense, I apologize. Ate too much and my mind is foggy.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Question:

Do only overweight people's thighs rub together? My thighs rub together when I walk and, while I've gotten used to it, I want it to stop.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    Question:

Do only overweight people's thighs rub together? My thighs rub together when I walk and, while I've gotten used to it, I want it to stop.

Mine always have, even when I was 105lbs. It's genetic structure (for most people).