Hi im new and nervous :)

Options
I have try to lose weight countless times throught my life, mostly unhealthly and i hope that my fitness pal will help me finally reach my dream of losing weight. :smile:

Replies

• texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    so far MyFitness Pal has been a great help for me, it is motivation and inspiration, just come & check out the other posts & forums each day & you;ll have alot of help here~ I love it!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. You will find so much information, motivation and support on here. Just inputting your foods makes you think about what you are eating so much more, and if you are like me the first couple of weeks will be a real learning curve! Good luck :smile:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like a lot of other people using this site, I've been overweight most of my adult life. I joined MFP 14 weeks ago and have already lost 30 lbs. If you are honest with yourself, and log everything you eat (to the best of your ability), you will lose weight. MFP works!! It is a very encouraging and supportive environment. There is a lot of good information here. I'm a 55 year old female. Please feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    hey there
    i have just started this site as well
    it's amazing
    i make a point each day to log in
    the exerise and the food is great to keep you on track
    also check out the message board
    good luck :)
    feel free to add me :)
  • aurasa
    aurasa Posts: 2
    Options
    MFP is awesome! Writing everything down really helps me plan my foods and motivates me to excercise more. Lost 8 pounds so far! Yay!

Question about the boards ... I keep seeing people reply with BUMP. What is this Bump thing? :-)

Big hugs to everyone! We can do it!!
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, you'll love this website and the great resources and community feel!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Question about the boards ... I keep seeing people reply with BUMP. What is this Bump thing? :-)

1. its to keep the thread topical and therefore at the top of the community list.
    2. its to make sure the thread appears in the users profile and therefore make it easy to find if someone wants to come back and read it later or are interested in the answers themselves.... :smile:

@amt2013 - welcome and good luck!!! Feel free to add me for some support if you want to Vx
  • standintherain
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou:

@aurasa - the "bump" thing makes your topic go up in the list of other topics because the more you post the more "active" it is. So you say "bump", you're just trying to get the topic noticed by posting more.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    For me this has been more of a lifestyle change or consistancy with food. You become very aware of what you are putting into your body. I know that I am more aware of it and have changed some things even though I ate generally very healthy. It was interesting for me to learn that on days I worked out that sometimes I was not eating enough. My wish is that you have a wonderful and healthy journey.