Vegetarian

Options
I'm a vegetarian female trying to lose 20 pounds to begin with any vegetarians ?

Replies

• opalwisteria
    opalwisteria Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! vegan here, checking in. I wish you good luck, if you ever need help or need to talk, don't be afraid to message me.
    I have lost 22 pounds so far :smile:
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian for 41 years, now CW 121 down from SW 183 in April 2015 (5'5", but way older than you - 60 y/o). Also a breast cancer survivor, and lost my mom to it, too - I read your profile . . . so sorry to hear.

Just eat at a calorie deficit like MFP tells you, stick with it patiently & persistently (no need to go for a loss rate so fast it's hard to stick with). As a veg, it's a little harder, but try hard to get enough protein daily. You can do it!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Just eat at a calorie deficit like MFP tells you, stick with it patiently & persistently (no need to go for a loss rate so fast it's hard to stick with). As a veg, it's a little harder, but try hard to get enough protein daily. You can do it!

^Good advice.
  • Ameenasmum24
    Ameenasmum24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • Ameenasmum24
    Ameenasmum24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi @opalwisteria I was vegan for a year I wanted to try it diet wise and I enjoyed i just recently went back to my normal diet(vegetarian) because I found it tiresome but thanks for the comment. Let's be friends.
  • umpteenthtimesacharm
    Options
    Another vegetarian here. I do eat dairy. I'd love to trade tips, recipes, support with others.
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Octo-lacto vegetarian here, since 1986. I was vegan for 10 of those years. Currently lost 35lb, with quite a bit to go yet - unsure of final goal. Feel free to add me.