Help!!!! I'm addicted to Steps!

Options
2»

Replies

• DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I asked for a stand-up desk unit at work to try to get more steps in. I tried marching in place to up my steps, but that didn't work. If I do low chorus line kicks, however, it works. I think I have a problem.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a tragedy.

It must be hard to bear.

I hear with no one to love you you're going nowhere.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Been there done that....but the novelty sort of wears off. Once I did 40000 steps in one day to push myself (more steps equals me feeling I could eat a horse so I had to wise up and realise that less is actually more!).

Its 2 yrs since I first got my Fitbit, I average 16-20k now. Its become natural to move as much as possible each and every day and I like how much energy I have but I see no point in doing more than that... for one thing I only earn about an extra 200 calories! not worth the extra effort imo.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    *sheepishly raises hand while tapping the fitbit to check step count on the way up*
  • anniebag28
    anniebag28 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Got mine last November and my friend says I am obsessive with weight loss and steps. Shame cause it is now spoiling a really good friendship cause I get on her nerves , got other friends that ask how it is going which does help ,I must be a person that thrives on comments on how well I'm doing.
  • RachaelWinston
    RachaelWinston Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    *sheepishly raises hand while tapping the fitbit to check step count on the way up*
    Hahaha this! I agree completely! I was so proud I went over my step goal today :) just got my Fitbit and the addiction is real
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are worse things! Keep walking!!
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible. I forgot my Fitbit after a massage last month so I didn't have it for almost 24 hours. I about had a panic attack.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    *raises paw* addicted to steps
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    If you forget your monitor - you have to walk back to get it and that's more steps not logged. The solution is to crawl back and put it back on.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I was a lot more upset than I should have been when I lost a Fitbit challenge on Thursday because my tracker died and I had to charge it, therefore missing out on a decent chunk of steps that afternoon. I lost by 150 steps...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Op I could have written your post, as it describes me perfectly. You are definitely not alone.

I'm also continuously checking my diary as I
    am also addicted to watching my calories go up and up throughout the day :blushing:

One thing I did put a stop to was challenges as they were starting to take over my life. I was canceling all sorts of appointments because they were going to interfere with my step count that day, and I did NOT want to lose, or be out of the top 3.. Cray cray lady :lol:
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I had almost 11.000 steps by noon today..I could have stayed at the gym all day just to see what record I could break if I didn't have other things to do :/
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I used to try to hit 20 to 25,000 steps a day even if it ment skipping my regular workouts to get them in. Not any more. I'm fine with doing 15,000 and having time to do a HIIT or Weightlifting workout too. This helps me reach my 600 cal move goal with my Apple Watch.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    If you forget your monitor - you have to walk back to get it and that's more steps not logged. The solution is to crawl back and put it back on.

LMBOOOOOO!

For some reason that was hilarious!

I too was obsessed. When the clasp broke on my Fitbit Charge, I made them send me another overnight... I explained that I was part of a work week challenge and they were disrupting my flow... Still won the week when it arrived. :) I'm not as obsessed anymore since I am breaking (trying to break) away from So much cardio... I was averaging close to 20k a day and with my need for effective weight training, all of that cardio is not feasible any more...
  • dbarnes724
    dbarnes724 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone. I have a garmin, if anyone wants to add me feel free sunshyne247
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yep! Totally addicted! I refuse to take a single step while my fitbit is charging.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've been wearing my Fitbit for 3+ years. I'll forget to wear it maybe once or twice a year; those are the days that moving just feels meaningless lol. A couple years ago I put it on the charger the morning I left for Italy and forgot to bring it with me. I EASILY got in 20 000 steps a day (20 000 x 10 days). It still hurts to think about :D:D
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    And oh!!! The frustration of getting up, start walking around and WHAT??? I forgot my device? Wait.....NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! how am I gonna be able to get those steps back? The aimless 2 step in front of the microwave at work? Hmmpphh...

Went grocery shopping with my husband. We both have the same tracker. I saw later he got a ton of steps I did not. Realized it was because I was pushing the cart so my wrist wasn't giving me credit. Bummer!