5 years on maintenance and my secret

Options

Replies

• svinson319
    svinson319 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's a good tip. I actually have "goal pants" as opposed to a goal weight. Well, I do have a weight in mind, but I have a pair of pants that I wore at a happy and reasonable weight and I intend to get back in to them!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I've already been planning to continue logging indefinitely, but this pants idea is great!

I've already thrown out a ton of larger-sized clothes. I like the idea of only having size 10 or 12 (Australia/UK) things only.
  • melstampz
    melstampz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good secret! I've been wearing skirts since so much weight coming off meant I was buying new pants only to have to buy more new pants. Can't wait to get to my maintenance weight so I can use your trick!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have the same :D I have a pair of purple pants that keep me fking honest too - they NEVER stretch. I have to gain about 7 lbs before I can tell the difference (i'm 5'10" w/ a normal-range BMI).

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I have the same skinny drainpipe jeans that cost a fortune from deisel and they are my litmus test. I love love love them and just hate it when I start to muffin top!
  • Rumpenissen
    Rumpenissen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal is to fit into size 40 (US size 10) pants and stay there. Am in size 44-46 at the moment, so a long way to go. But when I get there my plan is also to use the pants for maintainance. I can make up excuses to not get on the scale, but no excuses for not wearing pants/shorts. :wink:
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the same. I got rid of a whole box the other day but, still have more lying around. I think i'm going to buy a fancy wifi scale and find a way to fit it in my shower bathroom. So every day before I get in the shower i step on the scale and have my weight logged and charted. That way if my weight starts to creep i can set up warnings before i go too far down the rabbit hole
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    After over 4 years at goal weight, I finally got rid of my fat clothes a week ago :lol:

I still log everything, and I have fitness goals that drive me.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Pizza and ice cream. I fit it in once a week or so. Keeps me sane.
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pants tip, I have been putting the larger sizes away as I get smaller (have gone from a 16 to an 8 in about 18 months), but I think getting them out of the house all together is a better idea.

In terms of maintenance, I plan to keep logging forever, I think the secret for me has been to realize that my success is due to having made a lifestyle change vs. a temporary change just to lose the weight. Logging keeps me honest, and mindful of my food choices. p.s. I eat pizza and ice cream on occasion, but I adjust my calories and exercise accordingly, I know myself well enough to know that I will not be successful on a long term deprivation plan.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I weigh often and eat at a deficit most days during the week...so I can go all out on the weekends and still maintain.
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pants tip, I have been putting the larger sizes away as I get smaller (have gone from a 16 to an 8 in about 18 months), but I think getting them out of the house all together is a better idea.

In terms of maintenance, I plan to keep logging forever, I think the secret for me has been to realize that my success is due to having made a lifestyle change vs. a temporary change just to lose the weight. Logging keeps me honest, and mindful of my food choices. p.s. I eat pizza and ice cream on occasion, but I adjust my calories and exercise accordingly, I know myself well enough to know that I will not be successful on a long term deprivation plan.

This!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I weigh often and eat at a deficit most days during the week...so I can go all out on the weekends and still maintain.

Perfect plan. It keeps you in the zone, so when you have a little bit more, it really feels like a treat. It stops that creep creep creep of slightly bigger portions and more treats and escalating hunger.
  • Ggmaccer2015
    Ggmaccer2015 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Clothes didn't work for me either, being tall and kidding myself i had gone from healthy BMI to 5 kilos over when I stopped weighing to try and let my clothes guide me... I weigh once a week ( weds morning) and log everyday. 11 years maintainer with only a few wee slip ups!

• hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Still as naive as EVER, I was hoping for some magic secret to maintaining!!! LOL. Just like I hoped for that magic secret to losing :) Oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles. For me, I just keep on logging and weigh every day and adjust as necessary.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Belt size and how many notches.
  • lohlgren
    lohlgren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    11 years for me. I know when I wake up if I've gained. I can feel the difference after all these years. Eventually I get on the scale and start logging till its gone. I never allow more than 5 lbs before I do something about it.
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    lohlgren wrote: »
    11 years for me. I know when I wake up if I've gained. I can feel the difference after all these years. Eventually I get on the scale and start logging till its gone. I never allow more than 5 lbs before I do something about it.

Great Job!!! 11 years......I can only hope! You are now my role model :)
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have one pair of pants that do not stretch, and when they are getting tight I do the same thing...
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This really made me laugh lol. Thanks for the great tip!