Breakfast under 280 calories

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Lots of things will fit in 280 calories. What's your objective for protein and sodium?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i eat half a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin most days for breakfast (my dogs get the other half LOL)

when im at home i eat yogurt. in the summer when its hot early in the morning ill get the yogurt parfait from mcdonalds.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Want something quick & easy on-the-go? I get a egg & cheese wrap w/a large black coffee almost every day from Dunkin' Donuts. It's about 160 calories, has protein, fats, and carbs. If salt isn't a huge concern for you, you can get it with bacon and it's only 190 calories. It's not huge, but it keeps me good for the 5.5 hrs between breakfast and lunch.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    1/2 c fat free ricotta cheese - 90
    Small banana - 90
    Lg coffee w/ whole milk - 40

Total = 220
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Poached egg and half an avocado
    quest bar and a string cheese
    Go lean and some milk
    cottage cheese and avocado

etc. etc.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    i eat half a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin most days for breakfast (my dogs get the other half LOL)

when im at home i eat yogurt. in the summer when its hot early in the morning ill get the yogurt parfait from mcdonalds.

I'd starve. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    One slice of toast. Top with slice of low fat cheese slice. Top that with sliced hard boiled egg. Microwave for 15 seconds. Enjoy :smiley:

Also once cup cooked steel cut oats, with brown sugar and a bit of unsweetened almond milk.
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like frozen breakfast burritos a lot, easy to nuke and under 280. I also like higher fat breakfasts, I find they keep me going. Something like some cream cheese and smoked salmon on a low cal wrap.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I'd starve. :)

im not a huge breakfast person LOL

really, the only reason i eat anything is because i cant workout on a totally empty stomach. lol
  • ahanson3899
    ahanson3899 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to do a slice of this 50 cal. Double fiber toast and spread a 100 calorie pack market fresh guacamole from Walmart on it and top with an egg over easy. Filling and yummy.
  • Disasterology919
    Options
    Porridge (half a cup dry and made with water is 153cal) is a very filling and low cal breakfast that I eat everyday. Fills me up for hours. The beauty of it is you can add whatever toppings you want to improve flavour, add nutrition and add calories if you want.
  • grshaadi
    grshaadi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Porridge (half a cup dry and made with water is 153cal) is a very filling and low cal breakfast that I eat everyday. Fills me up for hours. The beauty of it is you can add whatever toppings you want to improve flavour, add nutrition and add calories if you want.

Thanks for this info. For me 1 cup of cooked oatmeal was giving me 300 calories which I thought were lots. Still I felt hungry unless I added a banana, which added on the calories
  • grshaadi
    Options

Is there a specific brand of porridge?
  • grshaadi
    Options
    oatmeal with fruit toppings usually does the trick for me! either original instant oats = 100 cals or regular dry oats =150 cals plus half a serving of berries or banana slices or apple chunks with a couple grams of raisins. usually at 200 cal or less. or you can have eggs, i like scrambled egg whites or 2 whole eggs scrambled and a half portion of oats with whatever topping & a bit of fruit. that usually keeps me pretty full, plus drinking water.

For me, one cup of cooked Quaker oats is 300 calories. What am I doing wrong? Still feel hungry unless I add a banana, which adds on the calories
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My favorite is oatmeal (old fashioned or 1-minute) with a little brown sugar and a banana. However since that was already taken, Wheaties and 1% milk is 220 calories. Add a piece of fruit and you're in business.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Any mostly-carb breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, fruit, etc.) leaves me ravenously, insanely hungry no more than a couple hours later. I'm less hungry if I eat nothing for breakfast.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have scrambled egg white with spinach, mushrooms, cheese and ham for 230 cals most mornings

I microwave a lump of frozen spinach covered (what? it comes in little lumps like wheels and is about an ounce) for a minute
    slice in about 40 - 60g mushrooms, spash worcestershire sauce, cover and microwave for a minute
    pop 1 slice of white thick sliced farmhouse bread in toaster
    Pour in 85 to 100g egg whites (I'm intolerant to yolk you could do an egg) - because it's egg white I add a triangle of laughing cow light - microwave for 1 minute
    Fluff with fork to mix in the Laughing cow
    add a slice of honey roast ham or 5g cheddar
    sometimes it needs another few seconds
    on toast, lots of black pepper

big mug of coffee

yum
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    grshaadi wrote: »
    oatmeal with fruit toppings usually does the trick for me! either original instant oats = 100 cals or regular dry oats =150 cals plus half a serving of berries or banana slices or apple chunks with a couple grams of raisins. usually at 200 cal or less. or you can have eggs, i like scrambled egg whites or 2 whole eggs scrambled and a half portion of oats with whatever topping & a bit of fruit. that usually keeps me pretty full, plus drinking water.

For me, one cup of cooked Quaker oats is 300 calories. What am I doing wrong? Still feel hungry unless I add a banana, which adds on the calories

You're counting a dry measurement as cooked.

This. Standard Quaker oats are .5 cup dry (40 g) for 150 calories. Makes about a cup or so cooked.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    grshaadi wrote: »

Thanks for this info. For me 1 cup of cooked oatmeal was giving me 300 calories which I thought were lots. Still I felt hungry unless I added a banana, which added on the calories

Protein, fat and fiber are filling.

The only way I make oats work for me is added protein and added fat. Oats (150 calories) made with milk and some chopped nuts, or nut butter.

Yogurt parfait with high fiber cereal and chopped nuts. Light lemon yogurt+ 1/4 cup raspberries + 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean (original) + 1 Tbl. sliced almonds. Under 250.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlette mushrooms cheese