Options
edwardmack23
edwardmack23 Posts: 51 Member
Open discussion

Replies

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    No, but then again, they consider me one of them, I spot them, they spot me...
  • edwardmack23
    Options
    [qucmDaffy;35538672"]No, but then again, they consider me one of them, I spot them, they spot me...[/quote]

That's cool So everybody is working
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Distraction in what way, and to who?

There are a lot of male & female workout partners at my gym and almost all of them blend in with everyone else at the gym. There are a couple of couples that are pretty obnoxious with their lovebird behavior.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    No. We're working out hard and focusing on doing our thing.
  • edwardmack23
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'm there to be a beast, I will not be distracted.

Indeed
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy concentrating on my form and remembering to breathe. But while I'm stretching, it's nice to have a pleasant view to (discreetly) enjoy.
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hate people
    Do not work out with anyone
    Lol
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I typically only notice people who hog equipment, basically I just do my own thing. That said, I don't like the weight room with the big muscle bound guys grunting and dropping heavy weights. I just do my lifting in another area and it doesn't matter whose around there we are all pretty mellow, doing our own thing.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hate people
    Lol

:D This is so me lmao
  • hel11b
    hel11b Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me working out with men, especially while weight training helps me push myself more because I secretly want to lift as much weight as them (I do crossfit) and sometimes I can and it's really rewarding knowing that my gains transcend gender lines at times it's soo satisfying. Most of the time you end up so focused on your own progress and workout that it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. I also grew up with a brother though and we were always super competitive with each other, so that might be why I feel that way.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You have an issue with working out with girls or guys don't go to a co ed gym. Seriously though I never see any negative distraction in a gym, in fact I find people encouraged a lot.
  • hel11b
    hel11b Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On another note they can also be extremely encouraging without babying you and letting you slack in your workout, that's how the guys at my gym are at least.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    I hate people
    Lol

:D This is so me lmao

We should get together, except we hate people, so ...
  • faithhope7777
    faithhope7777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since I'm fairly new to working out , I'm so glad I pushed past my old self to get there , I'm proud of anyone that made the trip to the gym ( male or female)
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    I typically only notice people who hog equipment

And this is usually the only time I ever notice the rare lovebird behavior, when I am looking to get on a piece of equipment and they are carrying on. If they are hard at work, I think nothing of it. But if you are there to flirt with each other, stay out of the f'ing squat rack.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I hate people
    Lol

This.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Distracted? The only thing I was distracted about was their thought of me being in the weight room. As a first timer, it was my biggest fear. Their criticism of me like my form is off, and she doesn't know what she is doing thought was the one distracting me from doing my "own" thing. Years passed of weightlifting. I am more concerned about activating certain muscles I want to feel. I get in the gym, and I do not let anyone distract me. I am in the gym to lift and look at myself in the mirror lmao
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't go to the gym. I don't want to distract people that's when injuries happen Hahah
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever found truly distracting in a gym setting was this guy with an amazing form to his run; he had an attractive gait. (He was well rounded fitness- did lifting & cardio.) it was hypnotic to watch him run. No one has ever been his equal IMO and it inspired me to pursue "proper" running form.