What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    lionrace wrote: »
    My calves are a shade under 16" for the first time in years. Also, I just found a 70% discount plus free shipping sale on wide calf boots that ends this weekend, at a shop I love but can't usually justify the prices of. Serendipity!

Where? I can never find affordable boots to fit over my calves! :'(

http://www.tedandmuffy.com/sale/womens-boots/ - the sale is on until Feb 25th :)
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My wife bought me a new bike the other day. I rode for 6 miles yesterday. I'm happy to say I didn't have to get off and push. Two things I learned real quick. Head-winds suck and I need some butt padding. My butt still hurts. Of course it's been 25 years since I've rode a bicycle.

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

My Dad is a serious biker and he buys and uses the underwear with padding in the butt.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can comfortably wear my wedding ring!
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried a pair of shorts I couldn't wear at all last summer. I got them on and didn't have to hop up and down, or twist, or anything. I wasn't even winded when I got them on! It's been a long time since really cute clothes just buttoned and zipped without sweat and tears.
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    karlis87 wrote: »
    My wife bought me a new bike the other day. I rode for 6 miles yesterday. I'm happy to say I didn't have to get off and push. Two things I learned real quick. Head-winds suck and I need some butt padding. My butt still hurts. Of course it's been 25 years since I've rode a bicycle.

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

My Dad is a serious biker and he buys and uses the underwear with padding in the butt.

YES! Definitely buy padded shorts and not a padded seat. They're ... weird, I can't explain it, but the gel ones in particular fell much more comfortable to the hand (while you're squishing them in the store) than they do to the butt during an actual ride.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

YES! Definitely buy padded shorts and not a padded seat. They're ... weird, I can't explain it, but the gel ones in particular fell much more comfortable to the hand (while you're squishing them in the store) than they do to the butt during an actual ride.

Thanks for the info y'all. That's what I was going to do. I will buy the padded shorts instead.
  • katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've had several NSVs building up in the past several weeks but here are my favourites! :)
    -My coworkers tell me I'm "disappearing" and I get smaller every time they see me. Lots of comments at work, actually. One told me to get a new work uniform because I could "fit an extra person in there"! (I did and these fit better, haha). Those comments are the most gratifying because I never told them I was trying to lose this weight.
    -I am getting acquainted with my hips and RIBS (I've never felt them before)
    -My 8 yr old brother said that my working out is working and I'm getting "skinnier". He helps me work out and is the best cheerleader I have!
    -This morning I wanted to read my novel but I wanted to do it while working out because I couldn't sit still! Can't do that I'm afraid... but I have all this extra energy, lazing around doesn't have the same appeal that it used to.

And I'm only halfway!
  • Bluejedi79
    Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I took 2 20 minute walks with my dog and according to map my walk website, I've walked .75 miles today
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bluejedi79 wrote: »
    I took 2 20 minute walks with my dog and according to map my walk website, I've walked .75 miles today

Walking is so much more fun with a dog. Watch out, though, he'll start expecting those walks. Every time my dog sees me putting my coat on, she gets excited and runs to the door, hoping for a walk.
  • Sonyavdg
    Sonyavdg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I hit a million steps since Christmas when I got my Fitbit
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Purged my 'summer' shirts that are too big now for donation and bought three (smaller!) wicking fabric T-shirts to wear hiking when the sun finally starts to shine.
    My daughter and I also had some fun trying on dresses and I realized I might fit into some of hers this summer - WOAH!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Completed my first 15km run race today. Slow time of 1:37:30 but glad I did it.
    Also have a 10km run next week, my third.
    And my weekly parkrun (5km) which I love!
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feeling confident enough to go to a Metafit class. It nearly killed me though.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

yvnkwhnnm1wc.jpeg

I would suggest that is a personal preference. I ripped the padding out of my bike shorts once I got the padded seat. The padding in the shorts always left marks and irritation for me. So I prefer the latter, but then again some people think I am a little weird so it would fit :-)
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Some months ago I added three new holes to my belt because it was to big.
    Today I am on the last of those new holes and will have to add more before long.
  • kettlebells_and_cupcakes
    Options
    I can finally do proper push ups! I couldn't do even ONE before Christmas!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Wearing a pencil skirt with the shirt tucked inside. I won the Valentine's day cardio circuit (jump rope for 38 minutes).
  • KareninLux
    Options
    You look great! Don't worry about the dirty mirror - it is a sign every one is brushing their teeth!!
  • KareninLux
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Love all these posts!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!