T25 total body circuit

Options
Hi.. Does anyone on here do t25? If so does anyway struggle with the total body circuit workout? I can complete the other 4 with relative ease but I'm still struggling with tbc even though I'm just about to complete week 5 and move onto beta! Should I move to beta or continue with alpha until I can do tbc with some ease?

Replies

• MBM82284
    MBM82284 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Total Body Circuit is easily one of the hardest workouts in the program. I always struggled with it and was dying at the end. The only other one that revivals it is Core Cardio in Beta. Just move onto Beta. With the exception of Core Cardio, I found the Beta workouts to be easier than Alpha. But then again that could just be because I'm in better shape now than when I started. I am about to start week 4 of Beta.
  • mjennifer1990
    mjennifer1990 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's not just you I struggle with it as well. I have completed one round of t25 and then went to a different program and I returned to t25 on week two and ugh still struggle with the.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle for most everyone that I've come across. I have a love/hate relationship with TBC. love when it's over, hate it while I'm doing it. I completed the program a few years ago and occasionally add in some of the workouts.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't mind TBC, but i don't like Dynamic Core on Beta.
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 4 of Alpha, where I have to do 3 TBCs. I struggle with them big time. Everything else is doable, but TBC is by far the toughest. You're not the only one. Everyone I talked to, they all struggle with TBC. I hate the spider pushups. I even have a hard time modifying them. Do what you can and watch your nutrition. Results will come.
  • ehrenlynae7
    ehrenlynae7 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started week 4 of T25 Alpha today. TBC is hard for me but I'm also lacking the upper body/ core strengh so all that time in plank and spider push-ups kill me.

Yeah, the other workouts have gotten "easier" meaning I modify less but that one is still a killer.
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'll see if I can find the link later, but Shaun T said when he launched T25, that TBC is the hardest workout in the programme.
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    TBC is toughest in the Alpha phase. Heavy focus on upper body and core. TBC is considered circuit progression. It repeats and gets more intense. Some of what is in Insanity is like this. In case you were thinking of trying Insanity.

You'll find that some parts of Beta and Gamma are easier. Others are harder. Really depends on you though. I would move on to Beta but substitute in TBC over a Beta routine each week until you can get through TBC without wanting to die ;-)

You need upper body strength in other routines and core strength in most routines.
  • amandatullar
    amandatullar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The first week I was convinced cardio was the worst one... Until I got to TBC :D
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nearly finished week 3 of the Alpha phase and TBC is by far one of the hardest I've ever done! I always substitute it for something else like lower focus or speed 1.0.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ugh that one was the worst! I just did the best I could and moved on.