Help with Rotator Cuff!!!

Options
My left shoulder has experienced pain when I do an overhead press. I have removed the exercise but continue to do gradual workout with my shoulder. Is this delaying the injury? I heard it's okay to workout an injured cuff gradually

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Go see a physical therapist/ physiotherapist for a proper diagnosis for your shoulder.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Usually, if it doesn't cause pain, it doesn't cause problems. The safest thing to do is see a medical professional about it.. preferably a sports doctor or orthopedist, or a physical therapist. By the way, shoulder pain is not always the rotator cuff.
  • niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Doctor visit > forum answers

:D
  • CFaulkner97
    CFaulkner97 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Its not a serious injury. More of an irritation. It doesn't seem necessary to visit a doctor. Kinda like i wouldn't visit the doctor for a stubbed finger
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I had a shoulder issue that I saw my dr (who also specializes in sports medicine) for. Turned out it was my rotator cuff, and they were able to give me a list of exercises to do to strengthen it. If it keeps up I would have it checked out.
  • CFaulkner97
    CFaulkner97 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I had a shoulder issue that I saw my dr (who also specializes in sports medicine) for. Turned out it was my rotator cuff, and they were able to give me a list of exercises to do to strengthen it. If it keeps up I would have it checked out.

I have been doing some stretches daily. What exercises worked for you? So far I've only switched to the Arnold press