Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

are carbs really the enmy

Options
1235»

Replies

• philimyri
    philimyri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the enemy and the devil. Carbs are friends.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    philimyri wrote: »

Sugar isn't my enemy. If you think that sugar is your enemy and carbohydrates are your friends, I think you might be confused as to what carbohydrates actually are.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Imagine how shocked you'll be when you learn that all carbs are composed of <gasp!> sugars and break down to <gasp!> sugars during digestion/processing!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't crabs you're thinking of:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRLDr03XQ4

I find even the knife less ones fiddle with my hygrometer:
    http://www.crabsadjusthumidity.com
  • Squeaksfriend
    Squeaksfriend Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To me, carbs definitely are not my friends. I have reduced my carbs and only eat vegetables and even then, only in very limited quantities. I feel much better and don't have blood sugar spikes the way I used to.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lentils and quinoa are not bad for you. Neither are apples. They are all carbs and I feel like you can lose weight eating them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    Lentils and quinoa are not bad for you. Neither are apples. They are all carbs and I feel like you can lose weight eating them.

You can lose weight eating anything. You could lose weight eating donuts and Snickers bars, as long as you maintain a caloric deficit. Carbs don't keep you from losing weight.
  • 2secondchance
    2secondchance Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We burn carbs, fat, protein. Lowering carbs for short time causes no problem. However, long term you could end up very ill. reducing you carbs for a max of 2 weeks is safe. increasing them slowly after 2 weeks. For my diet, daily level is 74 carbs. If I lower, I lose weight, increase, gain weight. Complex carbs are always best as they release energy slower. Depending on life style
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Um. Poe? Do I have that right?
This discussion has been closed.