Trim Healthy Mama beginner

Options
First week of January I started to seriously stay on the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. I am a bit confused even after I have read the book on how to judge whether I should eat S or E or FP meals and when I should be eating them. If anyone could set me straight that would be great! I have tried so many of the recipes and they are wonderful! The cheese I think I messed up on but I am going to give it another try as it is soft and not gradable. I have checked out some posts on Pintrest and that has helped some. Does anyone have any advice on what kind of THM meal would be the best to eat post work out? I am trying to lose 2 lbs. a week (more would be even better!) ;)

Replies

• misadele
    misadele Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Are you part of the facebook page? Sooo much helpful info on there. I started my journey on 1/4. The page has helped me a lot. I use MFP to double check my carbs and fat because I get confused sometimes.
  • BeccaBenge98
    BeccaBenge98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've just purchased the THM E book. I've read about 30% so far, and I'm trying to grasp it all. I'd like to lose 2 pounds a week as well, if all goes well. It is a little overwhelming!:)
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are you ladies having any success? I've been trying to do THM but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Any chance you'd be willing to share your menu with me? If so, send me a friend invite please.
  • VanenaRodz85
    VanenaRodz85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished the book. I'm looking for support here too. Guess I'll give in and join the FB group.
  • colsaylors
    colsaylors Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on THM way of eating since January 1st 2016 and have lost 14lbs! My goal is 2lbs a week. I found if I do not fix all my food for the week on the weekend, then I fall off the wagon and eat something I shouldn't. So I make sure I have made some things ahead that I can just grab quick to snack on when I am having a sugar craving . ;) They now have a recipe book that is awesome! I try to pick new things to try every week. My husband loves the Shepard pie that is made with cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, my family loves the cauliflower crust pizza! I use to HATE cooked cauliflower too! THM also uses a lot of okra and I had never had okra before but now I can say I am a big fan of the stuff! Cry no more brownies has okra in it (good way to sneak in veggies!) and the Popey green soup is with spinach and okra with Parmesan cheese is SO good! I would blend it all next time I make it. They say that you don't need to count calories but I have been counting them also. Trying to get 3-4 workouts in a week also has helped a lot too! I want to be at my goal weight by my anniversary in August (haven't lost a dress size yet though, ugh!)
  • colsaylors
    Options
    Just finished the book. I'm looking for support here too. Guess I'll give in and join the FB group.

We are all in this together! Did you get the cookbook too?
  • colsaylors
    Options
    rbenge73 wrote: »
    Hello! I've just purchased the THM E book. I've read about 30% so far, and I'm trying to grasp it all. I'd like to lose 2 pounds a week as well, if all goes well. It is a little overwhelming!:)

You know the way of eating book is a bit confusing to me too! I got the recipe book and just made food from that. trying not to have all S meals, tried to mix it up a bit. During my lunch break at work every day that it is nice weather I walk and regardless of the weather I always have a good protein drink and a good powdered vegetable drink in my blender bottles and that is very satisfying and quick and healthy. Weekends I fix soups, casseroles up ahead of time and have them ready to just warm up so it is quick and easy through out the week. This week I threw together a stew in the morning using a head of cauliflower instead of potatoes and it was delicious when I got home that evening!
  • colsaylors
    Options
    misadele wrote: »
    Are you part of the facebook page? Sooo much helpful info on there. I started my journey on 1/4. The page has helped me a lot. I use MFP to double check my carbs and fat because I get confused sometimes.

Yes , I am on the Facebook page too! It has a lot of new great ideas on there! I love it!!