Quest bars recalled?

Options
I was in my local GNC store yesterday and the clerk was clearing the shelves of the new recipe.

She told me (as we know) Quest recently tweaked the formula of the new recipe. They want to get rid of that first post-change batch and not even sell them.

I decided to try the Double Chocolate Chunk again and she made sure it was the new-new recipe. She looked for an expiration date of Oct 2016 (or later).

Although still not as good as the original recipe, it was OK and I'll start buying them again.

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The title of this post is misleading. I thought there was a dangerous health issue linked to Quest bars.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    The title of this post is misleading. I thought there was a dangerous health issue linked to Quest bars.

agreed... that's what i was expecting when i opened the post
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Yes scared me l since I have been eatting them like crazy lately haha
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh are they going to start selling the new-new formula now? I got some in the mail. Texture is better but taste is still not great. Too bad Quest. I might never eat another Quest bar.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oh are they going to start selling the new-new formula now? I got some in the mail. Texture is better but taste is still not great. Too bad Quest. I might never eat another Quest bar.

I haven't received mine yet. I have kind of given up on them. I now eat Pure Protein bars and started adding Vitafiber to my daily Greek yogurt/protein powder mix so I can still get the same amount of fiber I was getting when I ate Quest bars.
  • arditarose
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I haven't received mine yet. I have kind of given up on them. I now eat Pure Protein bars and started adding Vitafiber to my daily Greek yogurt/protein powder mix so I can still get the same amount of fiber I was getting when I ate Quest bars.

Ooh you have the Vitafiber! You should make your own! I've been interested but am a little lazy.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Ooh you have the Vitafiber! You should make your own! I've been interested but am a little lazy.

I bought it thinking I would, then never got around to it. This works well for me and the Pure Protein bars are a lot less expensive ($7 for a box of 6 at Walmart).
  • arditarose
    Options

I bought it thinking I would, then never got around to it. This works well for me and the Pure Protein bars are a lot less expensive ($7 for a box of 6 at Walmart).

Yeah they are decent. The only thing is I prefer the larger one, which is 300 or so calories. I settled on Combat for 210. The smaller Pure Protein bars just don't feel like "enough" for me. It's probably mental lol.

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not trying to sound like I'm marketing or promoting really hard but I just happened to log onto the forums tonight because I had free time and saw a lot of posts about protein bars. For anyone looking for another alternative to Quest (I'll never go back after everything they've changed and done over the past year) there is this awesome little company in Idaho that hasn't been in business too long that makes these really good protein bars (and a lot of other really good products) that are allergen free, probiotic, etc etc. I won't ramble but if you're interested see my response on @antennachick post

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10339375/r-bars-instead-of-quest#latest

The company is called The Lion's Choice. I talk about them a lot because their peanut butters are to die for. If anyone has any questions feel free to add or message me. I'm obsessed with their PBs powdered and regular and pancake mix, and they're coming out with oatmeal soon.