Foot's good, I'm good

Options
Ironically, just days after posting here and getting some excellent tips about running in snow, I fall down my concrete steps and slightly twist my ankle in the way to work! Felt really sad not being able to run for four days, but today was my first morning out, and the exercise was awesome. Showed me that rest days are important. I had been ignoring the rest days on my run trainer, but I'll take heed from now on.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your prompt recovery.
    I concur that rest days are very important. I also believe listening to your body is important. Do not push too hard, too fast. Your running will be there waiting for you. No rush
    All the best in your full recovery
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Glad it was just slightly twisted. I had a sprain once that took weeks to heal.

Good luck.
  • loricullen2
    loricullen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yes, patience means so much!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to walk since December and can't even think about it for 6 more weeks. Very happy for you. It's sucks when you can't.
  • Fiftyls2looz
    Fiftyls2looz Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I seem to have hurt my back by overtraining. I know sometimes it can be so hard to slow it down, especially if your feeling so motivated to be active and feel strong enough at that time to get moving but sometimes we really should just be sensible. I'm saying this to myself more than you cos I can be quiet bad at slowing down ;). Great that your foots doing well though :)