Trying to put on 15-20 lbs

Options
Trying to bulk up also have a high metabolism and I climb trees for a living so I'm pretty active from the hrs of 10-4 most days and I'm eating 4000 plus calorie a day and taking GNC mass gainer complex after every workout and a GNC bulk 1340 jus as an extra daily boost usually at night after dinner as hitting the gym 3 a week. Any help would be awesome!

Replies

• bstrowsen
    bstrowsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty cut and define jus wanna be bigger and I push to failure on everything in the gym!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Are you gaining at 4000 calories? Are you following a structured lifting program? Generally, you need a good structured lifting program, protein around 1g per lb of lean body mass, fat around .35g and the rest can be carbs and a calorie surplus... generally 250 - 500 calories over your TDEE or 10% to 20% depending on which method you prefer.
  • bstrowsen
    bstrowsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need guidedon my lifting program go sure I've just been doing three days a week since in very activ I don't wanna burn of everything in eating for and I think that was my problem before I was toning and cutting up really well but wasn't putting on any mass or weight and I was goin 5 days a week if not every day
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    When I work I burn a lot of calories also.

Doughnuts, peanut butter, pasteries, and ice cream help me get to the 4-6k I need depending on my burn.

I don't take suppliments unless I'm stuck for calories which is hardly ever because I eat like it's a job.
  • clift817
    clift817 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Up your protein goal from 100 to 200