chicken tonight?

Options
I pulled out chicken for dinner tonight, but I have no idea what to do with it... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm trying to keep the meal under 500 calories.
Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am making baked chicken breast (the kind with the bone in) and roasted potatoes with mrs dash saltless garlic and herb spice mix and italian seasoning and butter flavored spray. so yummy and I think it may be just below 500 calories. I'm also making a bag of the steamed broccoli (the steam in the bag stuff) 20 calories per cup.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Chicken Bruschetta Bake (Kraft recipe, search the MFP boards or google) is so easy and quick! And I believe it's only 300 calories per 1 cup serving.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    go to www.skinnytaste.com and check out the chicken recipes on there, they are yummy!! Plus, they are low cal.

There are recipes for bruschetta chicke, chicken & broccoli casserole, panko breaded chicken, chicken curry...... drrroooooollll
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    grill it and serve with asparagus...

OR:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=169
  • Nicole52501
    Options
    Chicken, mushroom and broccoli bake

chicken breast
    frozen broccoli
    sliced baby portabella mushrooms
    minute brown rice
    2 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup cans
    cup of water
    salt/pepper to taste

use a casserole dish and add chicken, broc, rice and mix up the cans of soup with the water (blend well) and pour over.
    Cover with foil and bake at 350 until the chicken is cooked through

Serves 4

Cal-413 Carbs-42 Fat- 7 Protein-46
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    yummy - chicken marsala with garlic and mushrooms......with a baked potato......easy and delicious :drinker:

Ingredients
    1/2 garlic fresh chopped garlic
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
    1 cup sliced mushrooms
    2 cups Marsala wine [not grocery store kind]

Directions
    2.In a large skillet Place chicken and garlic, season in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms. Pour in wine. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 350
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We are having Rocco Dispirito's Chicken Alfredo. If I remember correctly, its 350 calories or under.
  • flutterbee3
    Options
    I am making chicken fajitas tonight. I bake the chicken with Mrs Dash chipotle seasoning and then cook up sliced green peppers and onions with a bit of fajita seasoning serve it on a tortilla with a bit of cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa or skip the tortilla and put it on a salad with salsa and a bit of sour cream for the dressing.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I posted this before I made this and it was AWESOME....

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana

Baked chicken breasts rolled with spinach and ricotta topped with pomodoro sauce and melted mozzarella. A dish the whole family will love!

Since making chicken rollatini stuffed with prosciutto and cheese a few weeks back my husband has been craving chicken rollatini the way he grew up eating it, stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce and more cheese. I had to sneak some spinach in them against his will, but he was very pleased with the final results. I guess you can say this is a cross between my Chicken Parmigiana and Spinach Lasagna Rolls.

Perfect for a large crowd, or to feed a hungry family. These are very filling, I served this with a big salad and I was very content with just one piece. These re-heated beautifully the next day and we were happy to enjoy them again for leftovers. Enjoy!!

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I made Seared Apricot Chicken last night and it was delicious! I made it with a whole meal (sides and dessert) which I don't usually do, but I recommend the combo I used.
    Here's the recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/seared_chicken_with_apricot_sauce.html

I used orange juice and a bit of vinegar instead of white wine because I didn't have it on hand. I also didn't use the preserves because I didn't want the sauce to turn out too sweet. It ended up being tart, but I think it was better that way and so did my boy.

I served it with brown rice and sauteed tomato and spinach. Made some baked acorn squash with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Enjoy!
  • kremsergirl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. I found a great recipe on skinny taste.com..... Was awesome and I found a ton of great recipes for this week too!
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump for later!