Protein Shakes

Options
I am on the go a lot and I eat breakfast at 6:30am but don't get my lunch break until 12:30 which has been too long for me to go without eating. Since I am always on the go, I need a quick snack like a shake to fill me up on the go. Does anyone have any suggestions for small protein shakes that would work well for a snack and aren't totally bad for you? I've tried the Boost balanced nutritional drink but honestly it doesn't taste very good!

Replies

• chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I like the GNC lean shakes. 25 grams of protein, I use them for my breakfast which is usually on the go, I have a very sensitive stomach and they don't upset it. Plus they are quite filling. Several flavor a to choose from!
  • wdjeeves90718
    wdjeeves90718 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blue star Isi-smooth I find very smooth and tasty with both milk and water, it mixes amazingly and does its job quite well!
  • jasonsunlee
    jasonsunlee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rule 1 has a great protein supplement that doesn't have all the other additives and crao most of the companies fail to disclose. Check out their powders if you want a good meal replacement with low sodium (a gigantic plus when it comes to other powders typically high in sodium and sugar content). They also contain BCAA (branch chain amino acids) to help with recovery after workouts.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are seeking in terms of type of shake. I do low carb, so I use Matrix by Syntrax. They blend well in water and soy or almond milk. I have stared using Chike iced coffee shakes too. A great pick-me-up when I hit that 2pm lull.
  • FabulousFathlete
    Options
    I need something for women, no whey, curb hunger without junk in it. Anything good out there?
  • sowhat18
    sowhat18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need something for women, no whey, curb hunger without junk in it. Anything good out there?

• mrbday626
    mrbday626 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I've had a good experience with Orgain chocolate flavor. Staves off hunger from 7am till my lunch around 12:30, but definitely make sure you're training too...had a bit of a lazier winter where I did feel like it was giving me a little bit of unwanted bulk.