How much have you fluctuated from 1 day to the next day?

Options
I weigh weekly, but this week I've been getting on the scale almost everyday. It is scary to think my weight fluctuates this much during the week... I mean I really hope it is just fluctuation and not a big gain.

I weigh on Thursdays, Saturday I was down 1lb and Sunday I was down 1.5lb (total from Thursday). Sunday I went over a little, 300cals, but I had pizza for dinner that was a sodium killer. I get up today and am up 5lb from Thursday!!! That's almost a 7lb fluctuation from Sunday to Monday... I'm sure a lot is water, but 7lbs?!?!?! Really!

I'm drinking a lot of water between now and Thursday and making sure I stay on plan, probably will throw in some green tea as well... I hope to have lost by then, but at least not have gained!

So biggest you've seen in weight fluctuation from one day to the next?

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Up to 2lbs.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I eat really bad and drink a lot of soda one day, and then eat better the next... I often have a difference of up to 5-7lbs.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    7 lbs isn't unrealistic for water gain. Drink 100+ ounces of water throughout the day and just keep going/going/going. I bet you'll see at least half of that drop by the next day.

The worst I've had was 5-6 lbs. That's after eating pizza, popcorn, chips, etc oh and Soda. Soda will kill the weight as well and keep all that sodium in you.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Ive never seen more than 2 on myself.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah, forgot about the soda. It was diet dr pepper, but over the course of the afternoon and evening I think I finished a 2ltr bottle.

I'm up to 8 cups so far on my water, so I should be able to hit the 100oz mark today...
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    There was a point last week where I was having sleeping trouble and losing multiple pounds a day... I think I was sick though, so extenuating circumstances... Although I haven't gotten more than half a pound of that back. It was weird
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You're body is just probably holding on to it, so you should be able to flush yourself with the water pretty easily.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i can fluctuate anywhere from 1 to 5 pounds.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    About five pounds fluctuation is what I experience.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds one day. It was all water weight. I felt like I peed 30 times that day.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thank god for this post - i know its old but jesus i needed to read this after my 6.5lbs gain today
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    thank god for this post - i know its old but jesus i needed to read this after my 6.5lbs gain today

Don't fret ! My scale has fluctuated 8 lbs in a day before ( water retention- sodium intake-female time of the month ) so don't let this discourage you. Its normal.
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I recommend tracking your weight in an app called Libra. It lets you see the trend without getting overwhelmed by the day to day fluctuations. I can gain/lose 2# from one day to the next, apx 5 around my period. I weigh daily, as it keeps me accountable and on track.
  • davoiscool
    davoiscool Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I eat badly, say for example pizza and beer, anywhere upto like 1.5kg.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Up to 2 kg (4.5 pounds)
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I vary about 4lbs over the course of a day, I now weigh myself about 3 times a day! I only record it once but it really is getting a bit bad! I am now hiding my scales to stop me doing this!
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This morning it was up like 7 lbs probably from the weekend, alcohol and pizza can really mess with the scale! At least im hoping
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    From last night and today I went from 201.8 to 199.8. Although it can vary from what I eat. Sometimes it goes as high as 204 but I always lose it when I drink loads of water.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can weigh up to 5lbs different each day.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can swing incredibly fast...I lost 6 pounds from a Sunday evening to a Tuesday morning (around 30 hours) once. I've also gained 8 pounds over a weekend. I think I bloat really easily from too much salt or carbs.