5'8" and 134 pounds...

Options
Is there anyone else at the wieght and height, and if so, how many of you have a 110 goal or close to it and how has is been? Or are you 5'8" and already made it to 110, was it all just weight loss or losing and gaining muscle and definition? I do not want to be bodybuilder buff, but I would like a little more definition. I got a set of exercises from a friend to bulk a little, but want to make sure I lose and define at the correct speed, with the correct ratio of lean muscle to fat.

Thx!!

♥Whit

Replies

• allaboutty
    allaboutty Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow! I dream of being 134. I'm striving for 150-155!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Isn't 110 pounds at 5'8 underweight? Sure sounds pretty unhealthy...
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you weighed 110 lbs, you would be severely underweight. I'm 5'7" and minimum I should be is 118. My goal weight was where you're at now originally and I realized that while I'm gaining muscle, that would make me too thin. I would consider focusing on toning and not losing weight to stay healthy.
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Isn't 110 pounds at 5'8 underweight? Sure sounds pretty unhealthy...
    ditto
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, just TRYING to get to 150 for now. AND *possibly* get to 145lbs. 110lbs would be too thin for my body type.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 100 lbs... that's the lower end of healthy for my height, so, I don't think that sounds very healthy for you. :frown:

ETA: I have a very tiny frame, but even if you have a tiny frame, that's just got to be way too low of a weight for you.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Wow you must have a small frame for 5'8"! I am 5'7" and i'm currently 143, so still a bit heavier than you...my goal is actually about 130 or so (I'm pretty curvy, so that'll never completely go away haha). I haven't been 110 in a REALLY long time. When is the last time you were down to this weight? And feel free to add me if you want, I'm connected to a few girls in very similar positions as us!
  • Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    Hmmm to me this sounds like you are striving to be VERY skinny. I'm at 145lbs and 5ft 5" and I only want to get down to 134lbs. I've been smaller and people started accusing me of looking like an anorexic :/

Then again, everyone is different. You know what looks best I guess :) Just be careful x
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You may want to check with your MD about going so low. At 134, you are near the lower end of the normal weight for your height. At 110, you are going to be considered very underweight. You may want to work on muscle definition and strength training vs. the number on the scale IMHO.
  • thisisme33
    Options
    That sounds like it would be really unhealthy for your height. I'm 5'2 and I read that 108 or 106 is the lowest I can be before being underweight. I believe my "healthy" weight is between 115 and 135 approximately.

ETA: I went down to 115 after having my son and everyone I knew said I was too thin and looked anorexic...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Have you had your body fat tested? I would focus more on the body fat percentage than the number on the scale.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 144 pounds. My goal is to be at 135. 110 is a tad underweight for us!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    122 is right on the edge of being underweight at 5'8. If you are that close to the borderline, I would focus on percent body fat rather than weight. I wouldn't go below 20% body fat without talking to a doctor, and never go below 13% body fat.
  • kristine321
    Options
    110 is underweight! For your height the lowest you should be and be healthy is 122.
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone here.
    I'm 5'5" and got to 125 and people started thinking I was sick.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and right now my goal is a healthy BMI which is about 163. I'd LOVE to hit 145 which was my "perfect" weight.

For 5'8" 134lbs is a healthy BMI (lower end of healthy but still healthy). 110lbs would put your BMI at 16.7 which is WELL under weight.

I'd shoot for being healthy and using some strength training to tone what you have. NO woman is going to bulk up unless you're taking steroids, we simply don't have enough testosterone for that normally.
  • emoritz2
    emoritz2 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 130 pounds. I know from previous experience, that with exercise I look my best around 127 (which is my goal). I'm pretty slimly built as well and don't think I could ever get to 110 without dire health consequences. Maybe low 120s tops. To answer your other question, at my lowest (around 122) my diet was the biggest contributing factor to my weight loss. I still ate around 1400-1600 calories a day, but it was what people refer to as very "clean". Lean meats, lots of produce and unprocessed carbs.
  • Kimberlybiscuithead
    Options
    if you lose 24lbs you'll hardly be there at all!!! That sounds like a ridiculous weight to try and achieve.....do you want to be a size zero?
  • poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 150 with a goal of 140. At my current weight my BMI is already in the mid-range of healthy. I think if I was 130 I'd be downright tiny. I'm not sure there is a healthy way to get too an unhealthy BMI. I would suggest working on tone. Do lots of strength training... That way you'll add muscle and tone, maybe even lose inches, but maintain a healthy weight. Remember, the female body fails to function properly when underweight and can have some serious consequences.

Best of luck!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9in and am aiming for 143. I honestly think you're aiming far too low, it doesn't sound like a healthy weight for your height.