100+ to lose... Friends & support needed

Options
Hello all.... I am in my young 40's from the Midwest looking for friends & support to help hold me accountable. I am married with 2 kids and have 100+ to loose... Feel free to add me

Replies

• littlewomensmom
    littlewomensmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am new here and have almost 100 to lose. I'm not sure how to add someone. So excited in my first week. I don't want to quit this time!!
  • sexynana1969
    sexynana1969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm returning again....yet to try again. I have 100+lbs to lose and could also use some friends and support.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I added both of you... We can do this together!!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have 190 lbs to lose. I have already lost 45 lbs, but I got a little side tracked when things in my life changed and gained about 30 back. But I'm back with a vengeance.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm part of an awesome, friendly, supportive group on here for folks with 100lbs+ to lose. There's no judgment, we're all in a similar place, and understand the emotional baggage that comes with the journey back to fitness. The group is called "100 + pounds with NO surgery" if you want to look it up.
    I've sent you a friend request, welcome to MFP :smile:
  • joanne2406
    joanne2406 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm back on it again too. I lost about 2 stone a few years ago, but put it all back on and some. I turn 30 in June and determined not be to 30 and as fat as I am now. Been on here since the start of January and 3/4lb away from loosing a stone. Be good to make some new friends for support :)
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Add me, too. 46, married w/children, here to lose 84 lbs. The more support the better. :smile:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    MFP helped me lose over 100 lbs. You can add me if you need an encouraging friend.
  • Irishsugar
    Options
    Mythril wrote: »
    I have 190 lbs to lose. I have already lost 45 lbs, but I got a little side tracked when things in my life changed and gained about 30 back. But I'm back with a vengeance.

Looks like you are well on your way! Congrats!! I have like 130 to loose... Trying to break it into 20 pound increments... I have lost 100# prior but gained it all back (and more!!) we can do THIS!!!

• Irishsugar
    Options
    MFP helped me lose over 100 lbs. You can add me if you need an encouraging friend.
    Ummm... OMG!! Way to go!! I am going to keep looking at your before/after for inspiration!! I bet you feel wonderful!! You certainly look wonderful!!

• Irishsugar
    Options
    joanne2406 wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm back on it again too. I lost about 2 stone a few years ago, but put it all back on and some. I turn 30 in June and determined not be to 30 and as fat as I am now. Been on here since the start of January and 3/4lb away from loosing a stone. Be good to make some new friends for support :)

Off to google a stone... LOL. We can do this... Putting those pounds BACK on is the worst... Been there done that... But won't do it again!!
  • Irishsugar
    Options
    joanne2406 wrote: »

There are groups?? I just found out about FRIENDS!!! Lolol. I will try to find it... Thanks!!!!

• ShannanMcCarthy
    ShannanMcCarthy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll be 19 in a few days, I am in college so the food choices aren't the greatest and I have found that with stress I eat less healthy everyday. I'd like to lose 20-30 pounds so I have a nice summer body. Really would like some support
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm about to turn 34 years old and have a beautiful 8 month old baby. I'm down 41 lbs., however I have 43 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. I have been on MFP many, many times.. and each time I give in. This time, I am more motivated than ever as I want to be fit and healthy for my little man.
    Good luck! It's not an easy journey... but it will be so worth it in the end! B)
  • Megthechef43
    Megthechef43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 with 120 lbs to lose. This is going to be a long journey, but the time is now. I would really love new friends and support.
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My original goal was over 100lbs as well. Actually more like 150, but at 100lbs I'm having a huge blow-out party to celebrate progress..... a healthy eating party of course. I've lost and gained (yo-yo), but each time I gain less than I lose, so I guess that's a win. Officially down 68lbs, but if I look back at my early/mid 20's, I know I weighed even more, but I didn't have a scale at home or at the doctor's office that could hold me. We always just put "300+" as weight, even when I know it was more like 375. I'm wearing waist size 44 jeans (not snug) when I wore size 56 back then (sometimes snug-ish). Anyway, my point is, 100lbs is very possible, but don't expect it to melt off in an instant. This isn't the Biggest Loser and I wouldn't want it to be.... (those people mostly gain it back with a few exceptions.... the work-out regimen they participate in is NOT sustainable by anyone who has to work for a living, so it makes sense that they cannot sustain their loss of fat).

Feel free to add me if you like... I'm working on being more active here this year as I strive for my next big goal: 250lbs.... When I hit 250lbs, it will be the first time I've weighed that little since I was a 7th grader.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am also on the 100 downsize slopes, not doing too bad and finding MFP works for me! I would love some new friends here too! We can all march on this together!
  • pixiewendi
    pixiewendi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have about 129 lbs to loose. I have hypothyroidism and have for many years.. I am from Southern California but now live in Texas. I have 4 kids
  • tjhanold39
    tjhanold39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Irishsugar wrote: »
    Hello all.... I am in my young 40's from the Midwest looking for friends & support to help hold me accountable. I am married with 2 kids and have 100+ to loose... Feel free to add me

We can do this ....I try and stay active through out the day. Having 2 dogs and 4 cats and 3 kids deffentally helps me keep a good schedule
  • tjhanold39
    tjhanold39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Irishsugar wrote: »
    Mythril wrote: »

Looks like you are well on your way! Congrats!! I have like 130 to loose... Trying to break it into 20 pound increments... I have lost 100# prior but gained it all back (and more!!) we can do THIS!!!

Yes I always had the issue of losing and gaining more quickly ... it's hard but it does get better with a good support system :)