What is your short term goal for Success

Options
My short term goal. 3 Months.... 20lbs shed. I've got plenty to lose, but want to drop 20 lbs by May 1st, 1st 5K of the year completed, and schedule at least 3 for the year.

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    To fit into a cute pair of jeans I bought at a consignment shop by my birthday on April 15. I'm probably about 7 pounds from having them look good.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    another 8 pounds, takes me to 140. down from 182. after that I'll just have 10 to go.

• Diana6ft
    Diana6ft Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just want to log for 21 days.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a couple goals everyday.
    1) Log all my food/drinks accurately before midnight.
    2) Go to bed before midnight (my 2 boys make this one a challenge).
    3) Get up at 7 am and be at the Gym by 9 am (sadly haven't managed this one since August) Mon-Fri

These are my very short but completely manageable goals. I gained a little bit in January (only enough to make my overall trend weight increase by 1lb) due to inaccurate logging. So my long term goal is to get that back off, decide if I want to lose a few more pounds and then move to maintaining. My short term goals should help make me successful with my long term goals.
  • bumbleb20
    bumbleb20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Log in everyday for the next 5 weeks. Get thirty active minutes on fitbit at least 5 days per week. Lose 15 pounds in those 5 weeks as well :)
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Drop a pant size is what I'm pushing for right now. My clothes were super tight so I'm just now kind of fitting into them properly. I can get the size below on and buttoned but they are uncomfortably tight so those are my goal.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Short term, I'd like to wear my regular bathing suit instead of my maternity one when I go camping at the end of may. I'm 15-20 pounds away from that right now. I want to reach my final goal by September (35 pounds away), so if I reach my may goal september shouldn't be a problem.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    To get under 200 for the first time in 30 years! I'm 1.5 pounds away. Started at 296.5 just about two years ago.
    ONEderland is within my sights. :)
  • flydd
    flydd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50 pounds by Thanksgiving.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals folks. Best of luck to you all. Now find some motivational friends to support you!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    My short term goal. 3 Months.... 20lbs shed. I've got plenty to lose, but want to drop 20 lbs by May 1st, 1st 5K of the year completed, and schedule at least 3 for the year.

Those are great goals -- I especially like that you are scheduling 5ks. I've never done one. I shall go check local ones and my calendar. Thanks! :smile:
  • davoiscool
    davoiscool Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My short term is another 3kg in the next month. Then 5 more kg in the two months after that. Feeling fairly confident!
  • mommazach
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »

Those are great goals -- I especially like that you are scheduling 5ks. I've never done one. I shall go check local ones and my calendar. Thanks! :smile:

I do a couch to 5K up to 8 weeks out to work towards my first 5K of the year. It's a great way to get started and gives you prompts to run/walk until you are there.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Options
    I just joined a "March Meltdown" contest at my gym and I'm hoping it is a kickstart for me to lose the 25 pounds I put on since I quite smoking and vaping. My goal is a minimum of 5 pounds per month. That would put me at 25 pounds by July -- just in time for my 50th birthday!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Options
    To get under 200 for the first time in 30 years! I'm 1.5 pounds away. Started at 296.5 just about two years ago.
    ONEderland is within my sights. :)

That's fantastic!!! You'll be there in no time I'd bet!
  • mommazach
    Options
    I wish they would add a like button to these. How fantastic are these goals?!??!
  • Anliena
    Anliena Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    To get through week 5 of my C25K before my very first 5k! (Being sick set me back 3 weeks but I'm not giving up!)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My short term is to be comfortable enough to weigh myself again. I haven't in probably 8 or so months because I'm worried about being higher than I think I'm at. I've been measuring purely on how the clothes fit, but as my weight loss slows down (purely due to just having less to lose), I'm worried about saying disciplined.
  • mommazach
    Options
    Anliena wrote: »
    To get through week 5 of my C25K before my very first 5k! (Being sick set me back 3 weeks but I'm not giving up!)

I did that once. Got a nasty head cold... Started back where I left off, but love that app.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anliena wrote: »

Ditto here! I had two bouts of flus/colds this season and it really slowed my progress on the c25k. But finally kicking butt on week 5. Don't give up- we've got this!