Rest day before a weigh day?

Options
Is it good to have a rest day before your weigh day? If so why? Does this help with body inflammation? Or is this just total myth?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about the number on the scale enough to care...the number isn't important, the trend is. Even with inflammation from exercise, you're going to see a general trend downward if you're losing weight.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't worry about the number on the scale enough to care...the number isn't important, the trend is. Even with inflammation from exercise, you're going to see a general trend downward if you're losing weight.

Ah ok. Thank you.
  • nikkimendez666
    nikkimendez666 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can definitely say that I weigh more when my muscles are sore and swollen so if you are looking for your scale to reflect your weight on a regular day then yeah a rest day wouldn't hurt or just light cardio the day before. FYI hot baths with Epsom salts really help with swelling and bloating!
  • dxtra30
    Options
    I can definitely say that I weigh more when my muscles are sore and swollen so if you are looking for your scale to reflect your weight on a regular day then yeah a rest day wouldn't hurt or just light cardio the day before. FYI hot baths with Epsom salts really help with swelling and bloating!

Thanks.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    As fat loss is the goal, and not numbers on the scale, no.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find I weigh 2-3 lbs more the day after a good workout so I tend to follow my weight after my rest day. It doesn't matter in the sense of knowing the numbers are going down and I'm losing fat but I still prefer not to be discouraged when I check my weight after a workout.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you are consistent with the day/time you weigh in, it doesn't matter.

I don't really find that my weight goes up/down when I lift/don't lift, unless I take more days off than usual (e.g., go on vacation, etc.) But even if I did and trained on Wednesday and then weighed on Thursday, as long as I always followed that pattern the weights would be good to compare from week to week since there would be consistency in the variables.
  • dxtra30
    Options
    Thank you all
  • Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, usually my scale is more accurate after a rest day. Gives my body time to settle. =P