Recommendations Wanted!: How to dress-up leftover chili

Options
thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
So, this past weekend I made some really delicious Turkey, Barley and Black Bean chili. Yum! But I made WAY too much. Now I'm trying to find ways to re-serve this chili that's going to be interesting.
It was initial served over a baked potato, with a little low fat cheese and fat free sour cream. What else can I do to keep this from getting boring?

Replies

• DawnLosing
    DawnLosing Posts: 87
    Options
    Stir into come whole wheat pasta :)
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Baked potato was my suggestion! But what about rice? Or mashed potatoes made with skim milk and lite sour cream?
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    On a hotdog, over tortilla chips. Oh, wait - did you want healthy options? :blushing:
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Serve over rice, serve with tortilla chips, or just freeze it for the next time you get a craving for chili
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm just thinking while I type BUT: Slice zucchinis lengthwise, and pour it over them. Stack it like you would lasagna. Bake at 350 until it's bubbly. Add a teeny cheese if it makes you feel fancy.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yummy over salad greens.. no dressing needed. Or put into a whole wheat tortilla with tomatoes and avocado and greek yogurt for sour cream = burritos!
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    In a pita with a turkey dog? or you could freeze it for later
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    In a cup with soda crackers for nice lunch! But I really like it in burritos or on salad too.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You could always freeze it in smaller portions so that you have something ready to eat when you want it in the future. Keep enough out to eat now over potatoes, rice, pasta, spinach, broccoli, etc and then you'll have something great to eat in a few weeks when it sounds good again.
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Chili tacos
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Yummy over salad greens.. no dressing needed. Or put into a whole wheat tortilla with tomatoes and avocado and greek yogurt for sour cream = burritos!

yumo!
  • dcornwe
    dcornwe Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm just thinking while I type BUT: Slice zucchinis lengthwise, and pour it over them. Stack it like you would lasagna. Bake at 350 until it's bubbly. Add a teeny cheese if it makes you feel fancy.

Thats creative! I love it!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Oo, these all sound pretty good! Keep them coming, I'm taking notes!
    @ladybug1620 -- I have half of the leftovers frozen! This is what happens when you go from cooking for 8+ to cooking for 2! :blushing:
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try some over an omelette.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    In a taco-like salad (I'm imagining some cilantro sprinkled over the top). Over a lean turkey, veggie, or beef burger. Wrapped in tortillas. Mixed w/ lowfat cream cheese for a yummy dip (if you have a party to go to)!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    over corn bread, over turkey dogs, stirred in pasta (my roommates use to do mac & cheese with chili mixed in), just a plain bowl of chili. you could even stick with potatoes, and do a different kind--like roasted potatoes (in the oven, 350degrees, 20-30minutes, slices potatoes, sprayed with olive oil pam, seasoned with garlic, pepper, and italian seasonings---home fries), over rice.....
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I say freeze it for later... and then you don't have to figure out ways to re serve it, and you don't have to worry about it going bad.

If you want another option... I like crumbling a layer of corn bread over the top. YUMMMMM!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i was thinking with rice or over mashed potatoes. maybe make some kind of shepards pie with it? put onto a tortilla shell and make like a chili burrito?
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You could cut up a turkey hot dog and add to your chili, my fiancee does that for a quick lunch.

We do baked pototo & chili @ my house, that's a great filling lunch as well!

What about putting some on a low-cal bun? Or you could just use half the bun and have an open face chili sandwich....just a different version of sloppy joes. :)
  • becksini
    becksini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could cube up some hard-ish bread and put that in there or croutons! YUMMO!