Silly question?

Hello. I just joined yesterday and am loving it so far. Great challenge for me to have. This us probably a silly question.. Do we weigh ourselves once a week or daily and log it in?

Replies

• Toribeth23
    Toribeth23 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2016
    You do whatever you want. Some people log weight daily, some weekly, some not at all. It's not required, and it's up to you.

Unless you have joined a group or want to do a challenge or something where everyone posts their results/goals, but again, totally up to you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    kemba3693 wrote: »
    Hello. I just joined yesterday and am loving it so far. Great challenge for me to have. This us probably a silly question.. Do we weigh ourselves once a week or daily and log it in?

It's up to you. Realize that daily weighing will be an up/down business. Water, waste - weight can fluctuate daily. Time of month, higher sodium meals, sore muscles, etc.

You are looking for long term trends. If daily fluctuation bugs you, then weight less often. As you get closer to goal a tape measure can be a helpful tool. There may be times when you don't lose weight, but you lost inches...still good progress.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    I weigh daily. It works for me and I find it helps keep me on track. It's not for everyone, as it can be discouraging. Just know, if you do this, weight fluctuation is normal.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    I say weekly!
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2016
    I weigh daily so that I can keep up with what foods/drinks are causing bloating or the appearance of weight loss stall. It's helped me make smarter decisions when weighing daily, b/c I now know that if I eat a little of that creamed spinach (i.e. spinach dip lol), the scale will most likely go up, rather than down!
    Ultimately, it's up to you!
  • theconnertys
    theconnertys Posts: 31 Member
    I weigh every time I hit the gym, which is 4-5 day a week. That said...what others have said about sodium intake, time o' the month, liquor intake, etc does make a difference in terms of daily weight. Trend is much more important.

I have also found that measuring myself...specifically hips and waist...really sheds light on gains that the scale does not see on a day to day basis.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Whatever works for you. Some people can't do daily because the constant fluctuations will demotivate them, so they go weekly/biweekly/monthly/etc. Others track every day and view the trend. It's more about making sure you're doing it in the same situation (same time of day, same amount of clothing) to be consistent.