Question for Others With Endometriosis

Options
*tmi warming for lurkers*
Have you found that losing weight has lessened your symptoms? I've lost nearly 20 lbs (lost about five before starting mfp) in the last month or so, and my flow this month was way, way lighter than usual. Pain was still as severe, but probably half as much flow as usual. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. Just curious what effects weight loss has has on other people with this wonderful disease.

Replies

• alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ive only lost 15lbs but I know the feeling! Mines is also much lighter but gradually my pain is getting better each month with light experience thanks to walking. Hope this helps
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No. I've lost 26lbs and my symptoms haven't improved at all. :(
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've gotten worse actually :/. I only got diagnosed a few months ago but had symptoms for about 6 years.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Changing my "diet" helped more than the weight loss
  • jenlaw71
    jenlaw71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well, come March 30 I won't have to deal with it at all anymore...........total hysterectomy :( I've started back in the gym tho trying to get some weight off and a little bit in shape before surgery. I can definitely tell my "bad" days at the gym............I am usually just on the bike for a bit...............
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    engodwin wrote: »
    Changing my "diet" helped more than the weight loss

What dietary changes worked for you?
  • snovej
    snovej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Diet changes have worked for me too. I follow a paleo type diet and eat no gluten or red meat.
  • Sheks41191
    Sheks41191 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have/had stage 4 endo - had a lap a year and a half ago - been on visage ever since. I don't have bad days anymore occasional breakthrough bleeding but other than that mainly symptom free. I do think that losing weigh would make a difference - that and dietary changes.
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    staying active has helped more than anything else, I can tell when I've been slacking and its like my body hates me for it.
  • sierraleigh1
    sierraleigh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Endometriosis via laparoscopy when I was 13. I tried everything to get the pain and flow under control and was never successful. But I did have a severe case. Having a lap surgery and burning off some lesions helps a lot. Diet never did help me nor exercise. I did finally have a hysterectomy and ovary removed at 26. I wish you all the best with this horrible disease!
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have found my symptoms get worse every time I start losing. Thanks to depo and mirena I haven't had a cycle in 8 years which I started when surgery failed to help. Right now I am down 9 lbs from the beginning of the year and almost 20 from when I started a year ago and I have yet to find ANYTHING that helps.