I AM STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I literally could eat a cow... it is moods like this where I go f**k it, I am eating the entire fridge.

What do you guys do when you are in this mood?

Replies

• harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not eat.
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I felt that way an hour ago. I had small baggie of almonds that I premake from home and bring to work. Ate them all and drank large glass of ice water. Walked around office for about 5 minutes. Came back to my desk and I feel pretty good.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    practice my self discipline!

But it is rare that i am starving i just eat balanced and try to avoid getting hungry. And the days i do get hungry i ate up to maintenance.

95069916.png
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I literally could eat a cow... it is moods like this where I go f**k it, I am eating the entire fridge.

What do you think lead up to this? How often does this happen?
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Apples/peanut butter! Or...if I'm feeling fancy I will have a tablespoon (somewhere in the 20g area) of Nutella. So YUM and filling for me.
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    And also a huge amount of ice water. That does the trick usually!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The first thing you have to ask yourself is why you feel so hungry. Is it hormonal? Boredom? Are you overly restricting your calories? Depending on the reason, you may want to eat some food because not all hunger should be ignored.
  • sarahkast88
    sarahkast88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »

What do you think lead up to this? How often does this happen?

I feel like this all the time, I could literally ALWAYS eat... I am on the heavy side of normal, but with these habits I will be large in no time...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Whenever that hit me, I'd get obstinate about eating anything and instead chug some water and go for a walk. The feeling would subside.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I have a d20 die that I roll. Odds = eat, evens = don't eat. Yes, it's stupid, but it's working for me and has saved me from gorging out on foods (800-1000 cals over maintenance). No matter the outcome, I'll know what I really wanted to do.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    I'd eat something I'm not supposed to BUT not the entire fridge
  • sarahkast88
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    How much are you eating?

I try to eat less than 2,000 cals a day... I am maintaining my weight at 176, but I am tall (5'9). I find when I up my protein, I am less hungry, but I get VERY nauseous from too much protein... my stomach just cannot digest.
  • sarahkast88
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    The first thing you have to ask yourself is why you feel so hungry. Is it hormonal? Boredom? Are you overly restricting your calories? Depending on the reason, you may want to eat some food because not all hunger should be ignored.

I would DEF say hormones are playing a role... I have many symptoms of hormonal issues... I cannot take birth control.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?

I try to eat less than 2,000 cals a day... I am maintaining my weight at 176, but I am tall (5'9). I find when I up my protein, I am less hungry, but I get VERY nauseous from too much protein... my stomach just cannot digest.

What type of protein makes you nauseous? Every single type or select types? I felt nauseous after having a Quest bar, but it was the sucralose, not the protein.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What seems to be working for me is that I make sure of getting protein and fiber in the morning. Then in the afternoon an hour before going home I have a granola bar for another fibrous input. I get home after a 1hr commute and then have time to prepare my low-calorie nutritious dinner without feeling hungry.
  • 4pancakes
    4pancakes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I preplan my food each day. If I'm hungry outside of these times, I just wait. I'll be able to eat again soon enough.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I head for the protein... always have a few hard boiled eggs on hand or cheese. Couple of teaspoons of crunchy peanut butter often helps as the taste seems to linger, yum.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

This. If your weekly weight loss goal is too aggressive (and it sounds like it must be if you are hungry all the time), eat. If it's something else, try to keep yourself busy & distracted.
  • sarahkast88
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    How much are you eating?

What type of protein makes you nauseous? Every single type or select types? I felt nauseous after having a Quest bar, but it was the sucralose, not the protein.

Every type... it is weird... my dad and cousin have this too, I think it is genetic. I start to gag. I can do a protein shake in the morning, and some kinds of chicken. Protein bars are out of the question.