R bars instead of quest?

Options
I have always been into non gmo and organic foods when possible. But i really love quest bars...however the corn fiber is not the healthiest option. Anyo ideas for a healthier organic or more natural protien bar? http://jonsupps.com/reflex-r-bar-cookies-and-cream-review/

Replies

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The Lion's Choice. www.thelionschoice.com They are free from gluten, dairy, soy, corn, peanut, and eggs and have a really nice texture and also have probiotics in them. I personally like the birthday cake batter flavor the best but they rotate new flavors in monthly. You can also write in the additional notes section on checkout that you want to try a sample of another bar or any other of their products. You can use the code "FRAME" for 10% off and you can stack that code with their FREE50 code for free shipping over $50. I just overall really like them as a company. A portion of their profits they donate to charity and everything is made to order so you'll always get fresh products :) I'll never go back to quest personally.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Those look delicious and great ingredients! Do you know if they are carried in any stores? I would like to try them before ordering a case :wink:
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I still like Quest but the stats are really good on the Lions Choice bars. And I try to stay away from soy and am supposed to stay away from dairy (big time fail on that).

The website says they're made fresh to order so what kind of expiration date do they have?

I also just emailed them asking if it was possible to get a free sample.
  • chelseafxx
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I still like Quest but the stats are really good on the Lions Choice bars. And I try to stay away from soy snd am supposed to stay away from dairy (big time fail on that).

The website says they're made fresh to order so what kind of expiration date do they have?

they recommend refrigerating them and I believe the shelf life with that is 3 months but I've never had mine for more than a week and a half because I eat them too quick lol and @antennachick I just saw them answer this question the other day on their Instagram. It's not currently an option to carry them in stores because they are made fresh to order but they're working on a program for stores to sign up for to get fresh deliveries every week. Remeber they are still a small company. They have a TLC starter pack I would try that. I think it includes one of each of their products or something like that. Here I just found the link it's actually a better deal than I thought

http://www.thelionschoice.com/new-products/starter-pack
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @chelseafxx forgive the question, but are these really that good? And how about the peanut butter, what's the best flavor? Considering trying that sample pack!
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty big fan of Rxbars. The ingredients are really simple and clean.
  • di_763
    di_763 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the simplicity of Rx Bars, but the sugars are too high for me (and I do realize it's natural). I'm curious about their glycemic index.
  • chelseafxx
    Options
    @chimaerandi I personally really like them! I think everyone obviously has different tastes but you'll never know until you try them :) I think the texture is comparable to lara bars if that helps at all. Let me know how you like it if you do try it!
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @chelseafxx what's the best peanut butter flavor? Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one!
  • chelseafxx
    Options
    @chimaerandi right now? ughhhhh so hard to decide. I'm going to have to say in order for me: red velvet, oreo (not sure if that one is still on there right now) and brownie! But they are all amazing. Remember in the comments section you can ask for a sample of another flavor too :p
  • chelseafxx
    Options
    @chimaerandi dont forget to use the coupon codes I listed above. You can use FRAME regardless of the price on the order, FREE50 if you spend over 50 and you can stack them both together if you spend over 50 but you might need to put in one or the other first I can't remember if that matters or not. I just made a huge order today and used them both!!
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @chelseafxx I just checked out those Lions Choice bars and they look awesome. Thanks for sharing! Do you happen to know if they ship to Alaska and Hawaii?
  • chelseafxx
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @julie_broadhead Yes I think they do ship everywhere in the US!! Just not overseas right now
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Chelsea - do you work for them? If not you should ask for a commission, lol. Sounds like a great product!
  • chelseafxx
    Options
    @jcow84 I'm an affiliate so I don't get paid hahah but I begged to be one because I fell in love with their company and products. Maybe one day I can work for them :wink:
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lol its great to be a fan of a product ;-)