I AM STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I have a d20 die that I roll. Odds = eat, evens = don't eat. Yes, it's stupid, but it's working for me and has saved me from gorging out on foods (800-1000 cals over maintenance). No matter the outcome, I'll know what I really wanted to do.

Try using "Primes = eat, Non-Primes = don't eat" and see if that both satisfies you and keeps you on your plan.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »
    I literally could eat a cow... it is moods like this where I go f**k it, I am eating the entire fridge.

What do you guys do when you are in this mood?

What do you think lead up to this? How often does this happen?

I feel like this all the time, I could literally ALWAYS eat... I am on the heavy side of normal, but with these habits I will be large in no time...

Taking any medications? Contraception pills? Some of them can mess with appetite I hear/read. Not suggesting you stop anything if you are, but it's always good to be aware. Also a check up with the doctor, just to rule anything out.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 160 pounds currently. I struggle losing because I end up hunting for food at bedtime. Or I have days like yesterday where I feel like no matter how much I eat, I'm hungry for more. I ate around 2400 calories yesterday. The only up to it all was doing a long run Saturday, and going for a bit of a walk yesterday evening. Anyway... I am grateful for some of the ideas you folks posted.
  • sarahkast88
    sarahkast88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a d20 die that I roll. Odds = eat, evens = don't eat. Yes, it's stupid, but it's working for me and has saved me from gorging out on foods (800-1000 cals over maintenance). No matter the outcome, I'll know what I really wanted to do.

Try using "Primes = eat, Non-Primes = don't eat" and see if that both satisfies you and keeps you on your plan.

I love that! I can work on my math too ;)
  • sarahkast88
    sarahkast88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I literally could eat a cow... it is moods like this where I go f**k it, I am eating the entire fridge.

What do you guys do when you are in this mood?

What do you think lead up to this? How often does this happen?

I feel like this all the time, I could literally ALWAYS eat... I am on the heavy side of normal, but with these habits I will be large in no time...

Taking any medications? Contraception pills? Some of them can mess with appetite I hear/read. Not suggesting you stop anything if you are, but it's always good to be aware. Also a check up with the doctor, just to rule anything out.

I do not take anything at all. I am sort of anti-med unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    How much are you eating?

I try to eat less than 2,000 cals a day... I am maintaining my weight at 176, but I am tall (5'9). I find when I up my protein, I am less hungry, but I get VERY nauseous from too much protein... my stomach just cannot digest.

What type of protein makes you nauseous? Every single type or select types? I felt nauseous after having a Quest bar, but it was the sucralose, not the protein.

Every type... it is weird... my dad and cousin have this too, I think it is genetic. I start to gag. I can do a protein shake in the morning, and some kinds of chicken. Protein bars are out of the question.

How do you do with eggs or plant-based protein?

How many grams of fiber are you getting per day?
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    4pancakes wrote: »
    I preplan my food each day. If I'm hungry outside of these times, I just wait. I'll be able to eat again soon enough.

Just noticed this comment. This is a good strategy, and could help you (if you haven't already), sarahkast88.

I hope you get things figured out. I know how scary it is to feel that things are out of your control, seeing the scale going up and up, and thinking this is how it is going to be. But it doesn't have to be this way, we do have the control. Once you find that control, hold on to it! Good luck with everything!
  • Amyskye123
    Amyskye123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Introduce more fat to your diet and by fat I mean good fat . Fat is what keeps u full up for a very long period of time. Life saver really. Avocado, nuts such as almonds, coconut oil , coconut milk. :-)) you're welcome
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was feeling this way about an hour ago, so I had a bowl of watermelon and that seems to have helped.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

This is awesome. Takes the theoretical probability of eating from 50% to 40%. I'm tempted to actually experiment with this and see the outcomes.