really really slow

Options
I know my diary isn't open to all so you might not be able to help but.. my MFP goal is 1.5 lb a week.. if i am lucky i can get 1lb.. but normally much less.. it has taken me 60 days to drop 6lbs.. i am now at 199lbs and i workout for at leat an hour a day ( brisk walk at lunch or hitting hard at gym - cardio only) sometimes both, i am not always an angel with food and take out does occur more than it should.. i have vowed to avoid it all costs and i also now I drink my water 5 days out of 7 but i wondered if anyone has some tips to see if i can boost my loss..?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Actually, your weightless isn't that bad for the time frame.. 6 pounds in 60 days is right around where you want to be for it to come off the healthy way and stay off in the long run. Thats about 3 pounds a month.. which translates to a pound a week.

I'd say throw in some weights with your cardio. It will help boost your metabolism and since muscle burns more calories then fat, you'll have that lovely affect too.

Also remember that this is not a race.. and the faster the weight comes off, the less likely it is to stay off.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just feel like a very slow starter.. how is everyone else losing more than that?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Actually, your weightless isn't that bad for the time frame.. 6 pounds in a month is right around where you want to be for it to come off the healthy way and stay off in the long run.

I'd say throw in some weights with your cardio. It will help boost your metabolism and since muscle burns more calories then fat, you'll have that lovely affect too.

6lbs in 2 months :(

I just changed it.. re-read it now :)
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You already know the answer. Working out isn't going to do anything if you're still eating over your calories. Even if it's not happening all the time, every time you do, its slowing down your progress. If you want the weight to come off faster, you need to follow the plan. If you don't want to give foods up and follow the plan...don't complain.
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Sorry i meant to say i am not over my cals, i just don't always have homemade food,
  • cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Losing weight quicker than that would be generally unhealthy. Even slimfast doesn't promote more than one or two pounds a week. You're doin great, really, and getting under the 200 pound mark has to count for somethin!

I, for one, am super proud of you and your progress so far. It takes time to change your life. =) You're on the right track though.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You can try shifting your meals around. For instance, if you eat most of your food at dinner, try eating a bigger lunch and a lighter dinner. Or a big breakfast and light lunch/dinner. Don't forget to toss a few small, healthy snacks in there too! Anything at all to boost your metabolism will help, green tea, coffee, stand instead of sitting when you can, etc. You should also drink your water every day, not jus M-F, the same with making good meal choices. It has to be a lifestyle change, not just a job. Doing your cardio in the morning is said to boost your metabolism for up to 19 hours (or so I read somewhere). Good luck!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yes but you did say you're not an angel with food and you're still eating take out more often as you should and you're not drinking your water like you should. Take out has too much fat, too much sugar, and way too much sodium. If your not drinking your water, a lot of its probably water weight. If you're not already, start tracking your sodium and you'll see how bad it can be.
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I have been zig/zagging my calorie intake. Ie., my goal is 1400 a day but I go under some days and over some days. But I hit the average and i'm able to eat unhealthy and fun some days.

If you are losing constantly this is good. Just keep working at it. You are going in the right direction!
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    Options
    Eh, I'm in the same boat as you. :/ I've managed to lose 2-3lbs in 6 weeks. That's crazy slow for me - enough to make me wanna quit somedays. But I am losing inches so I'll take it.

Yes, add some weights and try mixing up your cardio (do some HIIT a few days a week); also, be sure you're eating enough calories. Personally, this is where I fall short.

Good luck!
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Thanks eveyone , i'll take it on board and fingers crossed for the next 30 days
  • brandydelight
    brandydelight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    your story sounds just like mine...slow but steady..I am frustrated, but as long as the inches go down and my fat % goes down, my lean muscle goes up, I am on the right track. The scale is moving very very slow for me, and I am losing weight in weird places, not where I was hoping at first. I am averaging approx 3/4-1 lb a week. I feel your pain.
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Thank you to those of you who said you are like me with the weight loss speed.. i feel less alone now.. i know i'll get there just glad i'm not alone in my frustations.

*hugs*
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    haha, you want to talk about slow! it's taken me 4 1/2 years to lose 22 pounds : ) but it's stayed off.