Ladies Who Lift

Options
I love lifting weights! Looking for some like minded ladies who want to be friends. Introduce yourself :)

Replies

• MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love lifting weights too, advanced in weight training but struggling with nutrition (work in progress) ;)
  • Linzella
    Linzella Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add MoonKat7 it's nice to meet you!
  • alisfitgoal
    alisfitgoal Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a former competitive powerlifter, and am now doing more HIIT style workouts with some powerlifting style workouts just for fun. I would love to compete again in the future but my number 1 priority right now is to get down to my goal weight. I found it hard to compete and lose weight (mostly just stressful). Please add - I always love to talk about lifting!!
  • Irenameansbusiness
    Options
  • Irenameansbusiness
    Options
    Oops, meant to put ' I love to lift'
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love to lift, and I love to eat! thats my struggle. mmm food. And Kettlebells are my very favorite gym tool!
  • Roxyrllr
    Roxyrllr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love lifting and hate cardio :wink: I am new to here (been using lose it), when entering our weight workout do the calories burned ever come up? Anyone know?
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Roxyrllr wrote: »
    I love lifting and hate cardio :wink: I am new to here (been using lose it), when entering our weight workout do the calories burned ever come up? Anyone know?

No they don't usually come up unless someone else has entered it into the database, you have to calculate the calories burned yourself, and its not easy because it depends on how much weight you lift, how many reps, sets, ect...
    I just guess...
  • Alohabeaches
    Alohabeaches Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love lifting too!
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Love lifting too. I did NROL4W a couple years ago and am now in the final stages of setting up my home gym so I can start the Strong program just after the kids' spring break. Feel free to add me if you'd like to share lifting insights.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I love lifting too! It's been a bit of a battle with injuries lately but I'm looking forward to working my way back up again.
  • TonedBeautyy27
    TonedBeautyy27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love lifting too
  • kenzisjayne
    kenzisjayne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!! My name is Kenzie!! I LOVE LIFTING!! I want to get into power lifting and kickboxing but I have a ways to go to get myself physically prepared! I'm currently doing a program called Piyo trying to tone and limber up. So far I couldn't feel more accomplished!! Power lifting, kickboxing, and aerial ribbon dancing I'm coming for you!!
  • Janaesium
    Janaesium Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm fairly new to lifting, but I'm loving it so far! :) If you have any advice, please share. Thanks!
  • HealthCoachRau
    HealthCoachRau Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I love to lift!
  • GetFitByJacob
    GetFitByJacob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just Love Ladies who Lift, keep lifting ladies! If I can just give one advice to gain more muscle and lose weight, it would be to progressively push your body to adapt to the stress you place on it, and to eat right and enough protein.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • penguinsandbears
    Options
    Oooh, ooh, pick me!
  • ccobra
    ccobra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. I would love to have friends who lift more than they do cardio. Feel free to add me. I'm currently attempting to come down from 3000+ calories a day so that I put on fat a little slower while running PHUL.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yay lifting! I just got back from the gym. Been practicing my dead lift form. I do some cardio but I also do free weights and machines. I really got to get splits in my head cause my legs were super shakey when I was trying to do tricep work. lol! @Janaesium- My suggestion would be, watch some videos on form so you won't injure yourself. I love Alan Thrall videos because he really shows you everything about each type of lift. Very informative. Also, he's entertaining... Here's one I would recommend about deadlifts; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA Get enough rest and protein and you don't need to be afraid to lift heavy. :)