Progress Pictures

When I 1st began, trying to get rid of my extra weight; I didn't take a before picture because I didn't desire to, document the horror. However since I have gained, approximately half of the 20 pounds; that I previously lost & since I find being able to view the difference, in other's progress pictures inspiring; I'll be documenting my process also. My aim, is to get rid of 55.2 pounds. So with that amount of weight to lose, over a guesstimate of about a 2 year duration; how often do you believe that I should photograph my results & see a significant difference, between each documentation?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I take pics every 3 months, but a lot of people do it once a month. Also be sure to take body measurements and track those too. Sometimes you will lose inches even though you didn't lose pounds, and vice versa.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Monthly is a good plan. Even if you can't stand the sight of them, just take the pictures and tuck them away on your hard drive somewhere. You'll be glad you did later. (measurements too, like @lorrpb says)
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I take pics every 3 months, but a lot of people do it once a month. Also be sure to take body measurements and track those too. Sometimes you will lose inches even though you didn't lose pounds, and vice versa.

I do measure, my waist & notice that it does take, about 3 months; to lose 1 inch. So 3 months, seems like; an excellent time frame. Especially if I take a picture, with the tape measure; around my waist. Plus it makes sense to do it every 3 months because that's when I am most likely to lose double digits & I'd also take a picture, of myself; on the scale. I figure that I'll do this, every 3 months; for the 1st year & then every 6 months, for the 2nd year because by then, it'll take twice as long; to accomplish the 1st years results. Thank you! <3
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Monthly is a good plan. Even if you can't stand the sight of them, just take the pictures and tuck them away on your hard drive somewhere. You'll be glad you did later. (measurements too, like @lorrpb says)

I am okay with the way that I look (when dressed) & since I'll be dressed that won't be problematic, especially considering that I'll have to be dressed; to post them here. However since I don't have about twice that amount, to get rid of; I don't believe that monthly'll produce significant results & over a course of 2 years, that'd be 24 pictures to post; instead of just 6.