Could i lose weight eating 1300-1400 calories?

Options
I'm 5ft one and weigh 11 stone, would like to get down to ten stone, I'm currently eating 1200 calories but I'm always so hungry

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im 5'1 and lose on 1500 a day ....
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great, I'm fairly active too with a physical job
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Most likely. Set your goal to half a pound a week since you only want to lose a stone, and you'll have more calories.
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My trainer suggested I eat between 1500 and 1700 when I work out and I'm 5'1. I just started so idk how well it will work for me
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Have you tried setting your goal to 1 lb per week?
    And if you have a fairly active job, setting your Activity level to Lightly Active?

I'm a little taller than you, but even on Sedentary activity level 1300 calories will result in 0.5 lb per week loss for me (I'm 5'4.5" and I think the conversion comes to 8 stone 10.5 lbs....122.5 lbs).

Anyway based on this calculator, you could lose on at least 1300 if not more based on your actual activity level:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

• DarbyMosquito
    DarbyMosquito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and MFP has me set up to eat 1,590 calories a day but I barely eat 1,000. Mainly because I eat pretty clean. Try cutting out processed foods you'll feel fuller longer and won't have to worry alot about eating too many calories.
    I eat 4-6 times a day and i get tired of eating at about 6pm every day because I feel like that's all I do.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and MFP has me set up to eat 1,590 calories a day but I barely eat 1,000. Mainly because I eat pretty clean. Try cutting out processed foods you'll feel fuller longer and won't have to worry alot about eating too many calories.
    I eat 4-6 times a day and i get tired of eating at about 6pm every day because I feel like that's all I do.

If your goal is 1590, that's what you should be eating. 1000 calories a day over the long term can cause muscle loss and other serious health concerns.
  • DarbyMosquito
    DarbyMosquito Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My physician said I'm fine, I'm not losing weight too fast and that my muscles are not feeding off eactother. Like I said I eat all day long, several times a day but it's 90% clean foods. I don't eat almost anything precooked or saturated in preservatives (other than the soup I ate today)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if my dr told me I was fine eating less than 1000 calories and that my muscles are not feeding off one another.Id find another doctor. problem is you dont know when you lose muscle,you lose some just losing weight, you can help prevent some of the loss but not on less than 1000 calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    My physician said I'm fine, I'm not losing weight too fast and that my muscles are not feeding off eactother. Like I said I eat all day long, several times a day but it's 90% clean foods. I don't eat almost anything precooked or saturated in preservatives (other than the soup I ate today)

Over the last eight weeks (or whatever time period), how much weight did you lose?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft one and weigh 11 stone, would like to get down to ten stone, I'm currently eating 1200 calories but I'm always so hungry
    What is your activity level set at?
    How much exercise do you do?
    Do you eat back a portion of your exercise calories?
    What rate of loss do you have set up?

Most people can lose weight eating more than 1200 cals and if you exercise you should be eating back at least a portion of those which might bring you up closer to the 1300-1400 level.

I'm 5'2 and lost 30 lbs eating anywhere from 1600-1900 cals. I currently maintain between 2100-2300 according to my FitBit and actual results.

• angeljo2015
    Options
    My activity level is set at active as I have a physical job moving patient notes around which can be quite heavy at times.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft and my starting weight was 11stone 5 and I'm down to 10 st on 1200. I'm set to sedentary but eat back cals from my Fitbit so some days I'm around 1300 cals up to 1600 cals.
    I would retook at your cals , you should be able to eat more at your activity level and it won't feel like punishment.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

If you're fairly active as you say, 1200 calories is too little in my opinion.
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    I'm going to try for 1400 as calculated between 1300-1500 when I entered my stats online
  • megwa2001
    megwa2001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    R u weighing u r food before cooking correctly , most people estimate food
    U will get good results with myfitnesspal only if u use food scale & follow daily macros

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My activity level is set at active as I have a physical job moving patient notes around which can be quite heavy at times.

What rate of loss did you put in?

If you are only trying to lose a stone you should be set at 0.5lb/week which should give you more than 1200, probably even more than the 1300-1400 as well.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Over the last eight weeks (or whatever time period), how much weight did you lose?

also interested in this @DarbyMosquito
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2" and lose weight (when I want to, been maintaining weight loss for 3 yrs) on 1800 cals a day. I am active though.
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9" and on 1600 calories a day, to begin with I was always starving but as my stomach has shrunk (eat less stomach shrinks eat more it expands) I've noticed I can't eat as much as I used to! It could just be a conditioning thing where your body needs a few days to adjust and then you won't feel it as much. Also an increased water intake will see you not snacking necessarily.

Best of luck on your journey.