Could i lose weight eating 1300-1400 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal plan has me set up at 1,390 calories per day, so I'm hoping if I stay under this that means I will lose weight.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    what is your bmr? i was told it's a good starting point to work this out and from there you can work on how many calories needed for weight loss
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    what is your bmr? i was told it's a good starting point to work this out and from there you can work on how many calories needed for weight loss

That's incorrect actually. BMR (Basal Metaboloc Rate) is the basic amount of calories needed to keep you alive, what I think you are referring to is TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) which includes BMR plus your calories burned through activity (work, play, etc) and exercise.

In order to lose weight you need to consume less than your TDEE. I wish OP would provide that, it would be helpful to then recommend a calorie goal for her.
  • angeljo2015
    angeljo2015 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 2064
    WinoGelato wrote: »

That's incorrect actually. BMR (Basal Metaboloc Rate) is the basic amount of calories needed to keep you alive, what I think you are referring to is TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) which includes BMR plus your calories burned through activity (work, play, etc) and exercise.

In order to lose weight you need to consume less than your TDEE. I wish OP would provide that, it would be helpful to then recommend a calorie goal for her.

My TDEE is 2064
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    My TDEE is 2064
    WinoGelato wrote: »

My TDEE is 2064

Is that based on a calculator or an activity tracker?

Assuming it's accurate, and if it is fairly consistent, if you are only looking to lose a stone you should set your goal to 1750 (deficit of ~250 cals for 0.5 lb/week loss) and then not eat your exercise cals back.
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    That was online calculated x
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    That was online calculated x

If I were in your situation I would either set my goal at 1400 and eat exercise calories back, or maybe 1600 and don't eat them back, give it a good 4-6 weeks and see what your results are. If you've lost 2-3 lbs in that time, sounds like you're on track. If you've lost more, may want to increase by 100 cals or so. If you've lost less, either drop it by 100 cals or make sure your logging is as accurate as possible.

Good luck!
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    Thanks
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight eating 1400 calories w/ exercise of course. I feel like 1200 is too aggressive for someone just starting out and new to weight loss. You will feel like you're starving. I've been there!
  • angeljo2015
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight eating 1400 calories w/ exercise of course. I feel like 1200 is too aggressive for someone just starting out and new to weight loss. You will feel like you're starving. I've been there!

Thanks, I do a physical job so think maybe 1200 would be too low