What's for breakfast???

Options
scrapqueen153
scrapqueen153 Posts: 3 Member
Good morning! Is anyone else tired of oatmeal, eggs and cereal for breakfast??? What are you making???

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had an Entenmann's mini pound cake and strawberries.
  • Scissorhands29
    Scissorhands29 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like eating supper leftovers for breakfast. I find they keep me full a lot longer than most breakfast foods.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    2 or 3 cage free organic eggs and whey protein in water :) not very exciting but its quite and gets me going on protein for the day.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Dr. Mcdougall's - Organic Instant Oatmeal Light Maple Brown Sugar, 1 packet

Overnight Oats (Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop, Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry, Chobani - Greek Yogurt Peach - ** 5.3oz)

Quest - Smores bar

Post lifting:
    Premier Protein - Chocolate Shake (Verified), 1 Container (11oz)
  • T0M_K
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

Overnight Oats (Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop, Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry, Chobani - Greek Yogurt Peach - ** 5.3oz)

Quest - Smores bar

Post lifting:

how do you make your overnight oats? and thats your breakfast?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

Quest - Smores bar

Post lifting:

I combine a fat free Greek Yogurt, 18gs of protein powder, and 15 gs of natural oats, and refrigerate for over night

That is my breakfast every day, along with the other things listed (oatmeal and a protein bar). I only add a protein shake if I lift
  • T0M_K
    Options

Quest - Smores bar

Post lifting:

I combine a fat free Greek Yogurt, 18gs of protein powder, and 15 gs of natural oats, and refrigerate for over night

That is my breakfast every day, along with the other things listed (oatmeal and a protein bar). I only add a protein shake if I lift

so no need to cook the oats. I guess i never though of that. lol.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options

Quest - Smores bar

Post lifting:

so no need to cook the oats. I guess i never though of that. lol.

:) The oats soak up the yogurt and make it more filling than just plain yogurt
  • SumnyUK
    SumnyUK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, beans, tomoatoes and 3 thick cut slices of toast with marmalade. Finishing it off with a vanilla danish. Best served with a non-skinny latte.

Meanwhile, back in the real world....! I'm doing the instant porridge thing. Not super exciting, but quick and easy and keeps me energised until lunchtime.
  • tosi1312
    tosi1312 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I ate det smørbrød a few hours ago
  • T0M_K
    Options
    SumnyUK wrote: »
    Fried eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, beans, tomoatoes and 3 thick cut slices of toast with marmalade. Finishing it off with a vanilla danish. Best served with a non-skinny latte.

Meanwhile, back in the real world....! I'm doing the instant porridge thing. Not super exciting, but quick and easy and keeps me energised until lunchtime.

lol i was gonna say...holy nuts!
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had instant grits with cheese and turkey sausage crumbles.. always hits the spot!

I also like smoothies, french toast or pumpkin french toast, or frozen waffle sandwiches with various fillings.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1 slice sprouted bread with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and half a sliced banana pre-workout. Another slice of sprouted bread with avocado, tomato, and an over easy egg after. I never get tired of it but then again its one of my favorite things to eat :).
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This weekend I prepped and put in the freezer
    Breakfast quesadillas (eggs, black beans, corn, red onion, ect)
    Sweet potato breakfast burritos (sweet potato, black beans, spinach, eggs)
    Mini ham & cheese quinoa cups (has shredded zucchini in too)
    Peanut butter and banana overnight oats (tastes like a dessert-yum!)

The quesadilla, burritos & quinoa cups are all in the freezer and I just grab, heat in microwave & go.

The overnights oats are eaten cold so they are just a grab & go - no heating required.

This is a huge help for me when I'm trying to get out the door for work. Also, all but the oats are a way for me to get vegetables in at breakfast too which can sometimes be hard to do.
  • scrapqueen153
    scrapqueen153 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for all your ideas!! I never made the overnight oats, but that seems to be a big hit, so I will try them tomorrow!!!
  • melstampz
    melstampz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I miss eggs and toast something fierce (allergy) but green smoothies with chia and green tea etc. help me actually eat breakfast, feel full, and kick cravings. Oatmeal is always delicious especially with apples, cinnamon, raisins. :) I also love it with coconut milk, maple syrup, and bananas.
  • heatherisaacs33
    heatherisaacs33 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    c_coleson wrote: »

The quesadilla, burritos & quinoa cups are all in the freezer and I just grab, heat in microwave & go.

The overnights oats are eaten cold so they are just a grab & go - no heating required.

This is a huge help for me when I'm trying to get out the door for work. Also, all but the oats are a way for me to get vegetables in at breakfast too which can sometimes be hard to do.

those sweet potato breakfast burritos sound amazing!
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating Pepperidge Farm cinnamon raisin bread with 2 teaspoons of Land o Lakes LIGHT BUTTER, plus my coffee. For me it sustains me till lunch, and if I'm extra hungry that morning, I'll have 2 turkey sausage with it. Even with the sausage and half and half in my coffee its still under 300 calories
  • healthyway2014
    healthyway2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually end up alternating between oatmeal with a bit of almond milk, 1/2 a banana and 1T peanut butter, and a smoothie with almond milk, frozen berries, vanilla protein powder and spinach/kale. Today was the latter.
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    c_coleson wrote: »

those sweet potato breakfast burritos sound amazing!

Here's links to the recipes:
    Frozen Breakfast Quesadillas
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/frozen-breakfast-quesadillas

Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/sweet-potato-breakfast-burritos/

Mini ham & cheese quinoa cups ( I used turkey)
    http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/

Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats
    http://domesticate-me.com/vegan-peanut-butter-and-banana-overnight-oats/