Am I Being Too Unrealistic ?

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Talking to someone a while back, about how I would love a marriage where my husband wakes myself and his children (my step children) up, and tells me to get up, get changed and pack because he booked a last second trip to [insert place I went once, and would love to go again here].

"Hey baby, I know it's 6:30am... but get changed and pack. I've already got the kids up and the dogs in their vacation home. Just called the office and I'm using my unused vacation time to say... we're driving down to Rehoboth beach for a week!"

I bet you also want to be surprised with a car in the driveway on Christmas morning, right?? Without any concern about how much any of this cost or finances etc etc.

Grow up.

I want one with a red bow this year, the green wasn't my color.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Talking to someone a while back, about how I would love a marriage where my husband wakes myself and his children (my step children) up, and tells me to get up, get changed and pack because he booked a last second trip to [insert place I went once, and would love to go again here].

"Hey baby, I know it's 6:30am... but get changed and pack. I've already got the kids up and the dogs in their vacation home. Just called the office and I'm using my unused vacation time to say... we're driving down to Rehoboth beach for a week!"

I bet you also want to be surprised with a car in the driveway on Christmas morning, right?? Without any concern about how much any of this cost or finances etc etc.

Grow up.

Porsche, please.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    I'd like to think imma be like that...especially since i love Rehoboth Beach. But on all seriousness Ive already started save for all the vacations i would like to take with my future wife, just because im having a boring 20s life lol.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member

Grow up.

Don't be ridiculous!

Just make sure my Hellcat has the 6.2 liter Hemi. I don't need a silly bow.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member

Grow up.

Wow @Capt_Apollo, tell us how you really feel.
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    OldManOne wrote: »
    How do you treat him? You want to be treated like a Queen, treat him like a King!!

This
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Depends, did he clear taking the kids out of state with his ex?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

If he really loved you, he would wake you up to take you to Aruba. Just break up.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

Grow up.

Wow @Capt_Apollo, tell us how you really feel.

I'll tell you how he really feels...

Wait what?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress

If he really loved you, he would wake you up to take you to Aruba. Just break up.

Right? Rehoboth is so ... domestic.
  • kk_inprogress
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    What's is MFP if one can't even dare to share his hopes and dreams?

You're right.

I want you, I need you, oh baby oh baby
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    "Am I Being Too Unrealistic ?"

*Rolls eyes, sees brain*

To answer your question, yes.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Tell him what you want. Men can't take hints, not subtle hints or even obvious ones. Say what you want.

That's because real men don't need hints or woman that throw them, we do right because she is right.
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Everyone deserves to be in a relationship with someone who's thoughtful and caring (provided you're giving as you're receiving), but it's unrealistic to expect someone to know the particulars of what you want without telling them. Not to mention, incredibly unfair. There's nothing wrong with dropping hints or even flat-out telling someone what you like/want. However, we can't control the actions of others, so it may or may not happen. Try to be less focused on a particular outcome and more appreciative of all of the good in your relationship, current or in the future. Happiness =/= any one thing (even if a surprise beach trip sounds incredibly awesome).
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Sounds delightful! Maybe play the role you want him to play; show him how its done! Giving CAN be as satisfying, if not more satisfying than receiving!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    kkenseth wrote: »

You're right.

10 things reference FTW!

giphy.gif

fft22k8su2z9.gif

10-things-i-hate-about-you-dance-dancing-gif-Favim.com-2096835.gif
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    This is such a bizarrely specific fantasy.
  • kk_inprogress
    kkenseth wrote: »

You're right.

10 things reference FTW!

giphy.gif

I don't get it.

: (

For real?