My weightloss has stalled?

Options
I am eating around 1500 cals per day but its stuck around 97kg from 104kg in December. I am counting and weighing everything accurately but the weight isn't going down. I am doing weights 5-6 days per week and my measurements are dropping and people are commenting on my weight. So in short scales are stuck but body composition is changing but I want to loss fat.

Replies

• joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Check and see what you are consuming for losing weight. Make sure it's clean (No to DD, Starbucks, McDonald's like foods). Have you added cardio with the weights? On average most programs request you do 15 to 30 minutes of cardio a day with the weights. Some with an Interval System. Weights and Strength Training for 5 minutes, Cardio for a minute, repeat.
  • ElizabethIrish
    ElizabethIrish Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a long stall too. I got weight loss going again by stepping back my calories to 1200 per day and continue with regular exercise. That and be patient - plateaus are totally normal and will pass with time.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So you haven't lost any weight since December? If you are 100% you are using a food scaled to weigh everything that goes in your mouth and you haven't lost any weight in three months then my advice would be to see a doctor but I bet you're eating more than you think.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You just posted about this 5 days ago. At that time your logging was spotty and you seemed to be changing that. Be patient.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/35515918
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements versus just looking at the scale? Your composition may be changing and the scale only tells part of the story.
  • topyule
    topyule Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Remember that you are losing fat, but you are also building muscle. As you build the muscle, it will burn fat longer and you will start to see the pounds start to go.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    topyule wrote: »
    Remember that you are losing fat, but you are also building muscle. As you build the muscle, it will burn fat longer and you will start to see the pounds start to go.

He isn't building muscle on 1500 calories.

OP, as posted above, be a little more patient with your expectations, especially if you've only just tightened up your logging.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you mean you've gone from 104kg to 97kg since December OR if you last saw a loss in December and you've been at 97kg since then.

If you're down 7kg since December then you are losing, and need to adjust your expectations. 7kg in 2 months is great.

If you've been at 97kg since December, then assess your logging habits. Do you log everything, every day? Do you use a food scale? Consistency and accuracy are the keys.
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    I am eating around 1500 cals per day but its stuck around 97kg from 104kg in December. I am counting and weighing everything accurately but the weight isn't going down. I am doing weights 5-6 days per week and my measurements are dropping and people are commenting on my weight. So in short scales are stuck but body composition is changing but I want to loss fat.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You just posted about this 5 days ago. At that time your logging was spotty and you seemed to be changing that. Be patient.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/35515918

You are loosing fat..

This discussion went on for several days by MFPer's. Not sure why no patience. People ARE noticing the weight training is working..
  • StaciMarie1974
    edited February 2016
    Options
    From your other thread, you're 96kg now from 104kg in December. Patience. Did you put the weight on in 2 months? I'm guessing the answer is no. Its not going to all melt away in 2 months. A realistic rate is to lose 2-3kg a month based on your stats. Keep taking care of your body and keep weighing your food, logging. Your goal is in sight but its not going to happen tomorrow or next week. More like a few months...
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yes I have not patience I agree, I just want to see the scales move. As I mentioned in my other thread, they didn't even move until I hit the end of January then all dropped all of a sudden.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    That's the effect of water weight. Your body holds water for a number of reasons, like sodium/stress/sleep schedule disruption/change in cortisol levels/change in carb levels/muscle repair from a new or more intense workout. Weight loss is happening but temporary water weight makes it hard to identify by using a scale. Patience is needed because the water weight is temporary.
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    Yes I have not patience I agree, I just want to see the scales move. As I mentioned in my other thread, they didn't even move until I hit the end of January then all dropped all of a sudden.

• quintoespada
    quintoespada Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    probably repetition, but fat loss is weight loss, and fat loss is lost in sheets. think of paper being removed from a stack -- except it's taken from random parts of your body as you go. if you're losing inches, you're still losing weight. promise!