Pasta measurements

Options
Is the calorie count for pasta cooked or uncooked? I am hoping that the answer is cooked so that it can be weighed then plated. please say cooked, please say cooked!!

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Uncooked
  • B0040
    B0040 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fooey

Thanks for the reply!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You get A LOT more when weighed dry.

If im making pasta for the family, i dump their pasta into the water and then place mine in a small metal strainer that i put in the water ontop of their pasta. That way my portion stays separate and i only have to use 1 pot.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

If im making pasta for the family, i dump their pasta into the water and then place mine in a small metal strainer that i put in the water ontop of their pasta. That way my portion stays separate and i only have to use 1 pot.

Bless you, this is genius
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yeah, two ounces of cooked pasta is pretty much nothing.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Use a correct entry, a calorie count for cooked pasta is for cooked pasta; a calorie count for dry pasta is for dry pasta.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I just weigh out 4 servings dry, cook it, weigh the whole thing cooked, then take 1/4 of that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    I just weigh out 4 servings dry, cook it, weigh the whole thing cooked, then take 1/4 of that.

Yep.
  • mishkins3
    mishkins3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i had some smart pasta and it weighed twice as much cooked
  • B0040
    B0040 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the responses, these definitely helped!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

This! For me a single serving of 2 oz dry pasta is a good size but i usually have a pretty substantial sauce with it that I make myself.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If you weigh it raw - log it raw.

And raw is usually the preferred/most accurate. :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I found this very helpful link for calories in cooked pasta and rice. I've bookmarked it because I am always confused! http://calorielab.com/foods/pasta-and-noodles/19