Looking for Motivational Friends

Options
Hi. Im 5 foot and went up to 11 stone 2 last year. I've been exercising daily on crosdtrainer., using this to track my food and upmove activity tracker to log my exercise and steps. I've managed to lose 11 pounds since Start of January but I don't see it when I look in the mirror. How long does it take to see a change? I've lost a few inches overall but all my normal clothes still fit. Hard to stay motivated.

Replies

• martinmommy
    martinmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It just takes time! Also we are always harder on ourselves than anyone else would be. Have you taken "before" pictures? I WISH I would have done that at my full weight, but am glad I did it 30 lbs ago. It makes the work feel so worth it when you can look at the difference in your body! I do it every 5 lbs and even when I think there isn't a difference there always is! Try doing that to help motivate you!
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I've lost 10 pounds in the past month. I haven't really seen too much of a difference, but a few of my friends have noticed a change. I weigh and measure myself every Sunday, and I take photos from the front and side in just my underwear. It wasn't until I looked at the photos from 4 weeks apart right next to each other that I really saw a difference.

It can be easy to get discouraged if you aren't noticing changes, but don't let it throw you off! Just keep going and soon enough you'll notice what other people are seeing.