What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Completed basic level of pole dancing =)
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the kids to catch up to me in Skiing rather than the other way around.
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    33 pounds down and people are starting to notice. Also, I'm starting to notice my face getting slimmer!
  • Iheartalaric
    Iheartalaric Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can finally cross my legs again. I only realized a few days ago I could do this but this was huge. I hated not being able to sit down and comfortably cross my legs because my thighs were just too big. Now I can cross them with ease and it's not forced or awkward. :smiley:
    Also, I have a reason to go buy new shoes. The pair I wear all the time that used to be pretty tight are now too big. I love it!!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @KareninLux and @GemimaFitzTed Thank you so much! Losing nearly 50lbs has done my marriage gooood!
  • malikirby2015
    malikirby2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker...first time poster to this thread!

I bought a dress today that was a size 16! I couldn't believe I could wear a 16...so I was all smiles! Ninth grade was the last time I wore a 16 and I am now in my. 40s. A year ago I was in a size 26.

Running was always something I wanted to try but was afraid. I didn't even run in high school gym class because I was a smart kid who got excused to do other stuff like knowledge bowl team practice. Anyway I decided I was going to start my running journey. Everything I read said good well fitting shoes are a must so I waltzed right into the local running store. It was the first time in a long time I felt like a fish out of water. The store folks were great! I got awesome shoes and $12 socks...but nice $12 socks. So now I just finished my 2nd week of C25K and I'm loving it (and my $12 socks)!!!!

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I got checked out at the gym when I was wearing my yoga pants... looked up to see who it was. It was hubby :blush:

So awesome! Even better that it wasn't some creeper at the gym!

I read a blog post once from this man who was talking about a woman he was checking out at the grocery store and how shocked he was that this woman caught his eye because he was so happily married (she was a few people ahead of him in line) turns out it was his wife!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker...first time poster to this thread!

I bought a dress today that was a size 16! I couldn't believe I could wear a 16...so I was all smiles! Ninth grade was the last time I wore a 16 and I am now in my. 40s. A year ago I was in a size 26.

Running was always something I wanted to try but was afraid. I didn't even run in high school gym class because I was a smart kid who got excused to do other stuff like knowledge bowl team practice. Anyway I decided I was going to start my running journey. Everything I read said good well fitting shoes are a must so I waltzed right into the local running store. It was the first time in a long time I felt like a fish out of water. The store folks were great! I got awesome shoes and $12 socks...but nice $12 socks. So now I just finished my 2nd week of C25K and I'm loving it (and my $12 socks)!!!!

Congrats! And thanks for sharing. You put a smile on my face.

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @agzram best story! I used to wonder if he was embarrassed of me waddling around 50lbs heavier and now I have no doubt he's in to me (again?). Men are such visual creatures...
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I got DOMS on the same day as a work out. Deadlifts WORK!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Comfortably did a 1-minute plank in good form today!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @agzram best story! I used to wonder if he was embarrassed of me waddling around 50lbs heavier and now I have no doubt he's in to me (again?). Men are such visual creatures...

@piggysmalls333 So true! It doesn't hurt that you're a knock out per your profile pic!!

My hubby never one said anything to me about my weight...I love him so but looking at my before picture I give him credit for sticking it out through the thick years!

We've got keepers!

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Jan93L wrote: »
    My NSV is a pair of size 14 skinny jeans. I've had them a week and they are already looser than when I bought them! I also need to get new underwear! Maybe for my birthday this weekend?
    Happy birthday! Mine is Sunday!
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Just went out a bought a new winter coat. My old one is a 4x, and looked ridiculous on me! I have been wearing my son's highschool coat most of the winter, but i wanted something feminine . I bought a large, and it fits like it was tailored for me.....YAAAAY!!
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. NSV this morning - woke up early with my alarm with no snoozing, did some yoga, ate breakfast, and am ready to face the day! Breaking out of a month-long late to bed, morning struggle routine.
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a few to add.
    This next isn't so much a victory but I'm putting it here anyway. I love to bake and I am the messiest cook you can imagine. Some years ago I had a retro style apron custom made for me because I was too fat to tie the standard size aprons around my waist. And I really loved it. However, it is comically huge on me now. I've passed it on to my cousin who is thrilled to have something so cute and practical. And I can pick one up at any store now.

Congrats! And, if you like retro styles, you should check out Jessie Steele. You might find something there to buy yourself as a little treat. :) ~ http://jessiesteele.com
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Last night, my two teenage daughters asked me to bring them to Chipotle because they had some coupons that were expiring that day. As I dropped them off, I was thinking of the pork chop, spinach salad and roasted asparagus that was waiting at home for me. Six months ago, I would for sure have gone in and ordered a burrito with all of the fixings! It is amazing how tastes can change and eating out doesn't seem worth it unless it is a planned event- and something I really want!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My dude told me I was shrinking when he hugged me Sunday morning. And called me 'the incredible, shrinking laur357.'
    (Don't worry. He used my real name. :) ) Thanks, boot camp!
  • briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My most recent non-scale victory was doing a fitness class at work, and not eating the offered pastries/doughnuts. I haven't worked out in years, and I tend to overeat at work, even though that is where I feel the most judged about my weight and food choices.
  • viperbrick
    viperbrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My NSV was at the doctor's office when they went to take my blood pressure and the medical assistant had to use the smaller cuff! I've always had to remind people to use the larger cuff so the reading isn't off. I actually said to the woman, "Well, that is a cool non-scale victory!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!