Getting Frustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    maybe get your resting metabolic rate tested if there's a center around you that does it. that'll set your mind more at ease with what calorie level you should be eating. otherwise, it's a guess like everyone else said. 1600 sounds about right though.

I'm not sure there is a place in my home city that does this kind of testing.

However, I've been eating at 1600-1700 calories the last couple days and it seems to be helping me. I feel leaner, and don't look as puffy. Measurements haven't really changed much, but I can't expect that too quickly.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Leave everything else the same and ditch the refeed day, which isn't really necessary.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    How long are you giving these ever changing calorie levels a go to assess progress? A couple of days is nothing and will tell you nothing. You need to pick a goal and stick to it for a good 6-8 weeks tracking faithfully and honestly.

I also agree the refeed day is unnecessary and is probably contributing to the issues.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I clicked through about 10 days of your diary; does your intake usually vary that much? It's really difficult to tell what your actual average intake is because every day is so different. Could you try picking a target and sticking to it as closely as possible for 4-8 weeks? Either a TDEE target or MFP's base + exercise is fine, but I think more consistency would really help you. It's hard to tell how to adjust, or even if you need to, when your data is all over the place like that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, you need to pick a calorie goal and stick with it for AT LEAST 4-6 weeks to give your body a chance to catch up. I really think you are making this more complicated than you need to.

Set yourself to sedentary, and your goal to 1 lb or one-half pound per week. That will give you baseline calories. Log your exercise every day and eat back half those calories.

Weigh all solids possible on a food scale. Make sure you are picking accurate entries in the database.

If you want to do a refeed day that's fine I suppose, but those calories count! You should be weighing and logging them to make sure you aren't undoing the rest of the week with those extra calories. If you are looking to lose weight, that calorie deficit is the key.

And then - be patient! Weight loss isn't linear, it is perfectly normal to not lose for a few weeks and then have a sudden drop, which you might be missing because you keep trying to change everything up. Good luck!
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options