22 lbs lost (23 years old 5'9'')

Options
luizaxxi
luizaxxi Posts: 59 Member
I had gained 15 pounds over night form eating a lot of frozen yogurt with toppings.. I was 155 and dropped to 133 (second photo). I'm currently at 135lbs, hoping to get to 123. Current body fat is 29% (dexa scan). I hope to be posting pics with my final goal weight and body fat of 18% this year!

on2i56fkq7m7.jpg
w7rdkpk0f5xn.jpg

Replies

• niccole_13
    niccole_13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How did u lose it?
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.

Not sure why you want to lose more? Why don't you try to maintain and recomp?
  • luizaxxi
    Options
    niccole_13 wrote: »
    How did u lose it?

I stopped eating added sugar and went low carb for a week and lost 5 lbs, the rest came off in 3 months by eating less and going for walks.

Now I'm really counting calories and exercising with a trainer so I reach my goal of 18% body fat :) Hopefully by the end of the year
  • luizaxxi
    Options
    75in2013 wrote: »
    You look awesome.

Not sure why you want to lose more? Why don't you try to maintain and recomp?

thank you! I do want to gain muscle and lose body fat... 29% is too much, I have 18lbs of fat to lose to get to 18%body fat
  • jusbar71
    jusbar71 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I am 5'9 and weigh soooooo much more than that
  • luizaxxi
    Options
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    OTHER 5'9 GIRLS EXIST?! YAY!

its nice to see what different weights look like on our height! I'm aiming for a little thicker than that as I'm more going for healthy weight in general vs muscles or a specific body fat %. I obviously am trying for the higher end of the scale as my current goal but I think when I get there I may reevaluate and lose more.

Look fabulous girl!
  • irshgrl500
    irshgrl500 Posts: 28 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You're a beautiful girl. When I was 23, I was about 117-120, and I am about an inch shorter than you. Even at 120, and 5'8", I was way underweight. I was told many times that 120 was too thin for me by my doctor. You might want to check with your MD and see if she/he agrees that 123 is a healthy weight for you; my guess is, not. At 133, you're perfect, and beautiful. Like someone else suggested, perhaps just maintain your current weight at 133-135.
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, you look amazing.
  • TinyInTO
    TinyInTO Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job luiza ! Keep it up
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well done.

I'm 5'9", and I have to tell you that your goal weight is difficult to maintain. You'll diet the rest of your life. (I should know, I started dieting around your age, trying to reach 128. I eventually made it...for a very short time, still wasn't pleased with my appearance, and dieted off/on from that point forward and kept gaining and gaining fat.) if I could go tell younger me something, I'd tell her to spend a year adding 10 lbs muscle, maintain that muscle, and you'll never have to diet that way. And anyway, if you add ten pounds muscle, at your current weight, you'd only have to lose five pounds of actual fat to achieve your desired bf%. Also, research bf%, the appearance of 18% can vary greatly depending on muscle mass.
  • luizaxxi
    Options
    Hi! Well done.

I'm 5'9", and I have to tell you that your goal weight is difficult to maintain. You'll diet the rest of your life. (I should know, I started dieting around your age, trying to reach 128. I eventually made it...for a very short time, still wasn't pleased with my appearance, and dieted off/on from that point forward and kept gaining and gaining fat.) if I could go tell younger me something, I'd tell her to spend a year adding 10 lbs muscle, maintain that muscle, and you'll never have to diet that way. And anyway, if you add ten pounds muscle, at your current weight, you'd only have to lose five pounds of actual fat to achieve your desired bf%. Also, research bf%, the appearance of 18% can vary greatly depending on muscle mass.

hey! Thanks so much for your advice. I am currently doing weight training 3 times a week with a trainer, its been a month now and I gained 3 lbs of muscle. I'm a beginner so it's easier, I still feel like theres a lot more to gain, but i do have some extra belly and arm fat that i want to be gone.. im not in a hurry though.. im expecting to reach my goal within a year or so :)
  • TheRealPootieTang
    Options
    Sepatown!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!