Clean & sober people ready to get fit

Options
chelsiekling755
chelsiekling755 Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
almost 2 years clean and sober , put on a few extra pounds after getting sober ready to change for the better again ! Keeping healthy in every part on my life share accomplishment and struggles :) the time is now READY .GO

Replies

• shannononcapecod
    Options
    I'm 14 years sober too! Gained a lot of weight in sobriety. Going to Weight Watchers now for support (and accountability) with my best sober girlfriend. Weight is the final frontier for me
  • daniellejacobs714
    daniellejacobs714 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A year sober! Gained 20 pounds, would like to lose thirty pounds. Don't think I have an eating addiction or a problem with exercising. I just have a real health condition, gallstones. I'm supposed to eat low fat, which isn't always th easiest. Ever since I started developing them it's been difficult to lose weight! They don't want to operate as the doctors say I am able to regulate w diet.
  • smallwiseone
    smallwiseone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I has just under a year and relapsed. Struggling to get back on track, but I'm here and ready to work!
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Will have 2 years on 4/23.. we got this!
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I has just under a year and relapsed. Struggling to get back on track, but I'm here and ready to work!

Most important one is Just for Today! Ha ha one day at a time! Hang in there this relapse is just part of your story...
  • achocolateaffair
    achocolateaffair Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A year and half! I did transfer my addiction to sugar and chocolate in particular...But I got it off in the last six months using MFP and then some! I just use the same approach to my sugar addiction one day at a time sometimes a minute at a time. The struggle is real lol!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Not in recovery, but clean, sober, and stopped drinking alcohol completely, recently, for health reasons. It's kind of weird how many social things revolve around alcohol.
  • nigieldr
    nigieldr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am clean and sober and looking for friends that know how to use this app. I am a friend of Bill W.
  • jessylinzi28
    jessylinzi28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Sober now 3 weeks and feel the best I have in a long while! Early days however!
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had 10 months sober and relapsed...I'm having a hard time getting back on track.
    Maybe if I did something about this depression...
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Frank and I've been sober now for 27 years. One day at a time, remember why you wanted to be sober in the first place and since you did not drink yesterday, don't drink today. ;-). If you did, don't do it tomorrow.
  • scrubman
    scrubman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Never too many friends
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Two years sober also!! Congrats to all. I tried doing mfp when I was drinking but could not bear to see all the booze I was consuming. I have been logging and working out since making the change now I am working on getting rid of some of the bodyfat that those empty caused.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats in your two years of sobriety. If you got through that then you definitely got this!
  • BeckyCats
    BeckyCats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspiring! I've struggled with addiction on and off for about 10 years now, whether it's food or alcohol. I have this major self destructive streak in me :(