Ideas and motivation

Options
Hello,
I really enjoy reading all these stories and knowing it's possible to achieve our goals!
I just started my "weight loss journey", any tips?
It's already been stressful and depressing. My boyfriend supports me. However he gets "annoyed" as I'm always talking about calories and I don't let him bring home "unhealthy" foods. Since I know, I don't have the strength to say no..

I wanted to ask for examples of what to eat during the day? I really struggle to have healthy snacks/lunch at work...
Thank you!

Replies

• nlb1106
    nlb1106 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always take a big salad to uni with me, with different leaves cucumber, tomato and sweetcorn, throw in either some wholewheat couscous or a tin of tuna with some light salad cream, fills me through to my evening meal and is delicious. If i want a little snack i take whitworths fruit and nut shots which are delicious!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Living with other people when you are trying to lose weight has challenges.

Empty out a cabinet and give it exclusively to your boyfriend to store his foods that he wants and you don't. You are the one losing weight and you each need to accommodate as much as possible. It's his home too.

Along those same lines, try to cut down on talking about calories. That gets old for people not losing weight.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are planning to move in together soon and I already told him he needs to lock his treats away somewhere and if I really really need a treat he can only give me like two cookies.
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do well with food during the day time it is night time and weekends I struggle the most with. For breakfast at work I really like eggs. You can bring them in a container just crack them and microwave. For an "egg mcmuffin" style use one egg and heat for 30 sec then 10 sec increments watch as they like to explode if over heated then just scoop out and place on a whole wheat english muffin or for an egg wrap I break one and stir well with a fork the microwave 20 sec stir and continue 10 sec at a time maybe add a tiny bit of cheese just to give it something, I like to heat my wrap for like 10 sec to make it softer but just place your scrambled eggs in the wrap and away you go. Another option is cream of wheat or oatmeal. For lunch soup and salad or veggies and a tiny bit of dip are my go to's, and I am a snacker so I will bring things like hard boiled eggs, cheese, yogurt, apple sauce, fruit I like variety so I always pack way more then I eat but I like to have choice plus then I can user whatever is left for my lunch the next day!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!