Share Under 300 Calorie meals Here!

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
Sorry if there is already a topic like this! I thought it would be good to share really low calorie, filling MEALS under 300 calories. :drinker:

Here is one I came up with today: YELLOW THAI CURRY WITH VEGES -- 299 calories (gives around 4 servings)
Around 5 ounces (~two handfuls) of cherry tomatoes is 25 calories.
4 medium, peeled raw size carrots is around 60 calories.
1cup of chopped green onions is 64 calories.
Trader Joes Thai Yellow curry sauce (You can obviously use other curry sauces, or make your own...but this one has the calorie count and taste good): 1/4 cup is 100 calories.
Trader Joes Light Coconut milk is 50 calories for 1/5 can.
1 cup of water

Peel carrots, and slice into small slices. Cut green onions into small slices until you have 1 cup.
Take a medium sized pan and spray Pan on it. Put on high and add carrots. Cook for ~3 minutes, while stirring, and add green onions.
Add 1/4 cup of curry sauce, and 1 cup of water. Now add 1/5 can of coconut milk.
Let simmer on medium heat while slicing cherry tomatoes into 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 slices each. Put tomatoes in a bowl, and when curry vegetables are cooked to your liking, pour on top.

This meal is very healthy, and LARGE. If you love curry like I do, this is a low calorie way to get your fill. ^.^

Now it's your turn! :wink:

Replies

• britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I happen to love curry! I would throw in a little chicken for protein, and to make my meat-eater boyfriend happy since he doesn't seem to think that vegetables are a meal :P
  • wanderson99
    Options
    You ROCK! I have been looking for an easy curry recipe. I'm going to try this out. Worth a trip back to the grocery store. THANKS for the tip!
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just came up with this! Super good and super low in cals high in protein and sodium tho. I hardboiled four eggs but used only the egg whites of 3 1/2 eggs. Combined it with hot tostitos salsa and had with el ranchero chips! Super delish!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I just came up with this! Super good and super low in cals high in protein and sodium tho. I hardboiled four eggs but used only the egg whites of 3 1/2 eggs. Combined it with hot tostitos salsa and had with el ranchero chips! Super delish!

I never thought to combine eggwhites with salsa, but this sounds really good :D

PS: Thanks for the compliments/suggestions guys. I hope you enjoy the curry!
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Take lettuce (any kind! Spinach/mixed greens/butter blend..), low fat (93/7) ground beef OR ground turkey seasoned with garlic powder, and pace picante sauce. Mix together like a taco salad and it's only about 230 calories!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like to have a chicken wrap using a romaine lettuce leaf and filling it with grilled chicken, 2% cheddar cheese, fat-free ranch, tomato and black olives. Its around 200 calories depending on how much chicken you include.
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just tried making a portobello mushroom burger marinated in balsamic vinegar and fresh garlic...turned out pretty good!

it's on my recipe blog: http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com

-Sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love chicken wraps too. One of my favorite is 4 ozs of grilled chicken breast and 1/4 cup of tomato basil feta cheese with romaine lettuce in a low carb whole wheat mission tortilla. It comes in at 300 calories.
  • Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Turkey Veggie Chili:
    1 pound of ground turkey
    1 onion (large)
    1 zucchini
    1 of tomatoes (I used fire roasted since they were on sale)
    1 can of black beans
    1 can of garbanzo beans
    1 can of kidney beans (I used the "spicy" kind)
    1 tbs chili powder [this makes it a little spicy so decrease the amount to taste]
    1tbs cumin

Brown the turkey. Dice the onions and zucchini and add to the turkey. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they reach a texture you like. Add cans of tomatoes, garbanzo beans, kidney beans and black beans. Mix in spices. Add water to reach desired consistency (I put about 4 cups) You can add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer as long as you like or eat when hot!

I put the servings at 8 so the calorie count was 268. It cost about $7 to make the pot so that's less than $1 a bowl!

I totally made this recipe up on the fly - I hope you enjoy it. I thought it was pretty good considering...
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    turkey BLT
    3 slice oscar meyer turkey bacon
    1 roma tomato
    2 lettuce leafs
    1 tsp mayo
    1 oroweat sandwich thin bun
    total cal=241
    this is my favorite snack or add salad and make it a meal
  • AutoIronic
    AutoIronic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Veggie Prosciutto Flatbread Pizza

1 Smart & Delicious 100% whole wheat flatbread
    1 tbs pesto
    1 stalk green garlic (garlic scape)
    1.5 oz. mushrooms
    .5 oz. fat free feta
    3-4 grape tomatoes
    1 slice prosciutto
    Smart Balance cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Halve grape tomatoes, snip garlic scape into 1" pieces, and dice mushrooms. Saute on high heat with cooking spray for 3 min. or until slightly blackened. Spread pesto onto flatbread, and crumble feta on top. Add sauteed veggies. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Top with prosciutto sliced into strips.

280 Calories
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i get the tvp (textured veg protien) Bob's red mill is good. Anyway when rehydrating in the liquid, i use chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Basically taco flavors, minus the sodium
    Make a yummy taco salad. The tvp is about 80cals for a quarter cup, and 0 fat. When you are having it in the salad, you really don't mind that its not ground beef.
    The fact that its half the calories alone, makes up for the taste for me.